Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce

Go down 
+2
johnkol
gnarlynate
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
johnkol

New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce   New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 7:38 pm

The way I saw and heard this video, the jumps in the chain coincide with unevenness in the engine idle, so they seem perfectly fine to me.

I did not hear any grinding noises, either when the wheel was being rotated by hand, or when the engine was on.
Back to top Go down
gnarlynate

New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce   New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 4:24 pm

YZEtc- Ya man I took of the original sprockets. They both had those nifty rubber grommet things on them. All the bigger sprockets I found were without them :( The original chain and sprockets were 9 years old but only had 6,000 miles on them. The sprockets were pretty ate up as the old chain had 4 different links that were super tight. This new D.I.D. Chain is an X-ring chain... Same type as the one I put on my old Vstrom 650. Didn't make this noise with its sunstar aftermarket sprockets. When On the gas the chain is nice at straight. only when maintaining a constant speed is the chain bouncing.

Jens Eskildsen- Ok thanks man. New to me hahahaha

johnkol- Makes sense. The chain and what not seemed a bit loud but the metalic noise is probably just the rollers like YZEtc said. I might loosen the chain just bit to see how that treats her.

Thanks for the imput amigos!!!! braaaap braaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

New 14-48 Sprocket causing chain to bounce
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2