Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?

Go down 
+12
joenuclear
Corkonian
No~One
taoshum
BigBird
andy mac
chofilena
Krabill
highsierrabear
Bob
mwakey
Machtig
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Machtig

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? Empty
PostSubject: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 8:02 pm

I have emailed one of my contacts at RevLoc Auto Clutches about the possibility of them beginning production on an auto clutch for the WR250R/X. I am just trying to get a feel for how many of you would be interested in such a product.

I currently have one installed on my WR450F race bike and could not be happier with its performance. I never had to do a thing to it the entire race season, the thing just works. I really really want one for the 250R as I believe it would make the bike a joy to ride, as well as minimize the pesky low speed jerkyness of the fuel injection/throttle.

So who's interested? Don't be shy.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Somebody already has one, but it was a one off.....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772929
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:31 pm

mwakey wrote:
Somebody already has one, but it was a one off.....

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=772929

Alan is my contact. This is good news, I expect to hear from him tomorrow. Alan is a straight shooter and I would bet if we had enough folks the price would drop.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 pm

Yup, I'll take one..... if the price drops a bit from that TT link.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:55 pm

mwakey wrote:
Yup, I'll take one..... if the price drops a bit from that TT link.

No promises, but based on my conversation with Alan today, I think it will. I'll be sending him my clutch later this week so he can get to work. thumb
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm

i have the second Revloc made for the WRR. i like it and Alan has been nothing but great to talk to. this is my first auto clutch so i can't do a comparison. i was going to do a write up about it, but work has kept me very busy lately. any questions let me know.
Back to top Go down
highsierrabear

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:25 am

I've got a question for you Bob.

I've had a few CT90s with the semi-auto clutch. Totally cool.

I'm just wondering if you get full compression braking with your Rev Lok when going down steep hills, or if it sort of freewheels downhill.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 am

I'll answer that for you.

Since the auto clutches (Revloc and Rekluse both) work off of engine rpm, if you let the rpm's drop below the pre-set engagement limit they will disconnect and you will be freewheeling. That means that if you're going downhill, you will have engine braking as long as you keep the revs up. Let them drop enough and it'll disengage, but you can always get it to engage again by just blipping the throttle and you're back in business.
Back to top Go down
Bob

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm

thats correct as Krabill has ridden my bike. the engagement is also adjustable so you may be able to dial in more engine braking. i didn't ask about this, i just asked how to adjust how early (hard) the clutch engages. the adjustment is very easy once you get the clutch cover off. note: getting the clutch cover off is not easy.

with mine being a custom clutch i did not get an instruction manual. all instructions were done over the phone. i'll get the manual once it goes into production.
Back to top Go down
highsierrabear

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:30 am

Krabill wrote:
Since the auto clutches (Revloc and Rekluse both) work off of engine rpm, if you let the rpm's drop below the pre-set engagement limit they will disconnect and you will be freewheeling. That means that if you're going downhill, you will have engine braking as long as you keep the revs up. Let them drop enough and it'll disengage, but you can always get it to engage again by just blipping the throttle and you're back in business.

Thanks for the concise reply. That answers my question perfectly.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:16 am

[quote="highsierrabear"]
Krabill wrote:

Thanks for the concise reply. That answers my question perfectly.[/quote
I'll take one
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:56 am

My full Revloc has been in for over 2000 miles and is working beautifully. You do have compression braking, but gear selection is important to keep the revs above the disengagement point. Last time I talked with Alan he said they were in full production and no longer custom one-offs.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:00 am

[quote="chofilena"]
highsierrabear wrote:
Krabill wrote:

Thanks for the concise reply. That answers my question perfectly.[/quote

One stupid question. When you shift it on 1st gear all you have to do is give gas. Do you have to shift it on 2nd, 3rd....6th or it shifts by it self like an automatic car? Or you still do the shifting without the clutch, like the scooters?
I'll take one
scratch
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:12 am

Machtig wrote:
My full Revloc has been in for over 2000 miles and is working beautifully. You do have compression braking, but gear selection is important to keep the revs above the disengagement point. Last time I talked with Alan he said they were in full production and no longer custom one-offs.

Checked out their website but the WR is still not on their list yet. How much does it cost? I'm also interested with the brake kit. It would be nice riding the WR like a BMX bike.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: dyna ring   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:39 am

Machtig wrote:
I have emailed one of my contacts at RevLoc Auto Clutches about the possibility of them beginning production on an auto clutch for the WR250R/X. I am just trying to get a feel for how many of you would be interested in such a product.

I currently have one installed on my WR450F race bike and could not be happier with its performance. I never had to do a thing to it the entire race season, the thing just works. I really really want one for the 250R as I believe it would make the bike a joy to ride, as well as minimize the pesky low speed jerkyness of the fuel injection/throttle.

So who's interested? Don't be shy.
Hello, seems like we forgot this topic. Any news with the dyna ring? Reviews and other interesting stuffs we need to know.
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 am

Last weekend was test day for a riding buddy who had just installed a Revloc Dyna Ring in a KTM SX250. He is very happy wth it and his dad runs a Rekluse auto clutch in a WR450F. We did some tight 1st + 2nd gear singletrack in the woods and I struggled on my WRR. Despite running 13/49 sprockets I stalled too many times - usually when bouncing over tree roots. I think a Dyna Ring will make life much easier.
But the WRR was the only bike to sucessfully exit a tricky stream bank unaided - sometimes absolute commitment is required Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? 93746
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:35 pm

andy mac wrote:
Last weekend was test day for a riding buddy who had just installed a Revloc Dyna Ring in a KTM SX250. He is very happy wth it and his dad runs a Rekluse auto clutch in a WR450F. We did some tight 1st + 2nd gear singletrack in the woods and I struggled on my WRR. Despite running 13/49 sprockets I stalled too many times - usually when bouncing over tree roots. I think a Dyna Ring will make life much easier.
But the WRR was the only bike to sucessfully exit a tricky stream bank unaided - sometimes absolute commitment is required Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? 93746
Thats great news, but of course commitment is always the key to every trail plus if your a better rider. Would you know if the hand brake option is compatible with the dyna ring?
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Only the standard Revlock is available for the WR250R (see prior posts).

The Revlock Left Hand Rear Brake is now also available for the WR250R. I have the first one and have about 500 miles on it now. Both Clutch and Brake work fine.

The LHRB requires a Magura Hydralic clutch lever/master cylinder. The WRR light switch interfers with the Magura lever BUT this can be solved by MAJOR grinding on the switch housung and minor grinding on the lever adjuster knob. FYI - The foot brake remains fully functional.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:14 pm

[quote="BigBird"]Only the standard Revlock is available for the WR250R (see prior posts).

The Revlock Left Hand Rear Brake is now also available for the WR250R. I have the first one and have about 500 miles on it now. Both Clutch and Brake work fine.

The LHRB requires a Magura Hydralic clutch lever/master cylinder. The WRR light switch interfers with the Magura lever BUT this can be solved by MAJOR grinding on the switch housung and minor grinding on the lever adjuster knob. FYI - The foot brake remains fully functional.[/quote
Where did you get the kit? Did you get the revloc LT? checked their website and it says not available. How much is the kit with the rear hand brakes?
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:13 am

BigBird wrote:

The LHRB requires a Magura Hydralic clutch lever/master cylinder. The WRR light switch interfers with the Magura lever BUT this can be solved by MAJOR grinding on the switch housung and minor grinding on the lever adjuster knob. FYI - The foot brake remains fully functional.
How much did it cost for the whole kit (REVLOC LT)? including hand brakes, all? From what shop did you purchase it?
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 6:20 am

BigBird wrote:

HOW HAPPY ARE YOU with the whole package? droooool Would you recommend it? Sorry for all the questions, but i will be depleting my saving if i get this. Thanks
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:30 pm

First the ONLY Revloc clutch available for the WR250R is the Standard Revloc that lists for $895 of which $300 can be recovered once you send in your old parts. In other words $300 of the $895 is a core charge.

The Magura LHRB kit is and aditional $235.

He chaged me $10 Shipping and handeling.

The clutch appears to be excellent and from what I've read - totally bullet proof!

The brake works fine but the installation requires MAJOR grinding of the housing for the OEM light switch and lesser grinding of the adjuster knob on the Magura master cylinder to just BARELY fit. You then have to cut the mirror part off of the OEM clutch bracket to used it (or get another mirror).

I haven't used the LHRB enough to make a judgement on its "value" I think it is mainly important in slick down hills or tight woods. I got it to match the similar set up I have on my KTM - so I'd just have one system for both dirt bikes.

You should probably go with the clutch first and can add the brake later. By then there may be another master cylinder that doesn't have the interference problem.

I bought direct from Revloc. Alan is the man and is VERY helpful and knowledgable.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:09 pm

[quote="BigBird"]First the ONLY Revloc clutch available for the WR250R is the Standard Revloc that lists for $895 of which $300 can be recovered once you send in your old parts. In other words $300 of the $895 is a core charge.

The clutch appears to be excellent and from what I've read - totally bullet proof!

The brake works fine but the installation requires MAJOR grinding of the housing for the OEM light switch and lesser grinding of the adjuster knob on the Magura master cylinder to just BARELY fit. You then have to cut the mirror part off of the OEM clutch bracket to used it (or get another mirror).

I haven't used the LHRB enough to make a judgement on its "value" I think it is mainly important in slick down hills or tight woods. I got it to match the similar set up I have on my KTM - so I'd just have one system for both dirt bikes.

You should probably go with the clutch first and can add the brake later. By then there may be another master cylinder that doesn't have the interference problem.

I bought direct from Revloc. Alan is the man and is VERY helpful and knowledgable.[/quote
Thanks for the advice. It would be nice to have the LHRB but i think i should stick with the dyna ring. I'm from the Philippines and sending the core might cost me a few hundred$ more plus the shipping charge bringing it back here. What do you think? Is it really worth it? baldy
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

BigBird wrote:
First the ONLY Revloc clutch available for the WR250R is the Standard Revloc that lists for $895 of which $300 can be recovered once you send in your old parts. In other words $300 of the $895 is a core charge.

I bought direct from Revloc. Alan is the man and is VERY helpful and knowledgable.

Thanks for the advice. It would be nice to have the LHRB but i think i should stick with the dyna ring. I'm from the Philippines and sending the core might cost me a few hundred$ more plus the shipping charge bringing it back here. What do you think? Is it really worth it?
Back to top Go down
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 pm

The Dyna Ring is NOT available for the WR250R.

I repeat THE ONLY REVLOC AVAAILABLE FOR THE WR250R IS THE STANDARD VERSION THAT LISTS FOR $895 INCLUDING THE $300 CORE CHARGE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?   Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Interested in a RevLoc automatic clutch?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next