Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone have Metzeler MC360's? I do

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimV

Anyone have Metzeler MC360's?  I do Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have Metzeler MC360's? I do   Anyone have Metzeler MC360's?  I do EmptyTue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

I just saw a video/commercial on these tires and they were described as DOT rated full motocross tires.  With all that this claims, it does seem to be the answer to many requests for a more aggressive street tire.  Is this a 0/100 or a 10/90?  Anyone have them to review?  Thanks, Jim

Update: I now have MC 360's on my 2018 WR250R.  I took them out and they are night and day better than the trailwings. They installed fairly easily and although I am a novice off road rider, they help to forgive many of my limited dirt skills by just sticking to everything. I was able to climb hills (more like bumps, here in Illinois) with confidence and unlike my last ride on the very same trails with the OEM tires, I was able to descend much better. I also went through a few mud holes and managed to get through and out without incident. they are confidence builders since I have nothing but the trailwings to compare them to. I haven't had them out on the road for more than a trip around the block, so I will hold off on comments there but I didn't really get them for road riding. I have an FJR1300 for that.

I also upgraded the rear sprocket from the 43t OEM to 50t and only stalled once on the trail the whole day, that compared to more stalls in one day than then last 15 years on the road. Noticeable difference and I did spend most of the time in 2nd gear as opposed to first, but first was there for rock crawling and descending. I am very happy with the changes. My son took the WR250R out on the track and said that the seat concepts seat was more of a hindrance than a help. He would have rather have had the skinny stock back on. I then told him to ride his own bike.

Last edited by JimV on Wed May 09, 2018 4:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : minor update)
Back to top Go down

Anyone have Metzeler MC360's? I do
Page 1 of 1