Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

metzeler unicross installed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gomerwr250

metzeler unicross installed Empty
PostSubject: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 am

After much debate of what tires I wanted I was at a local shop and seen the unicross on the shelf and i bought them. First impression they were nice to mount went on easily. Went on a few mile ride mostly offload today first things first I do not like the size is says 120/90-18 but it is easily 2" taller then stock. I have 13-52 gearing and liked how it was with stock tires now it fells more like the 13-48 that I tried before. I think I can fix this with a 12 front. The conditions was harsh 2-4" of wet snow with a water soaked ground underneath  the traction was good front was a little squeaky but it could be the air pressure I have 20 front and 15 rear but over all I like them.metzeler unicross installed <a href=metzeler unicross installed NCM_0013_zpswoekiawa" />
metzeler unicross installed <a href=metzeler unicross installed NCM_0014_zpskj1l2ghf" />
metzeler unicross installed <a href=metzeler unicross installed NCM_0016_zps8nawcwhh" />
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:15 am

for those conditions, try 12 psi in front and rear.
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:23 am

Yea I most defiantly need to drop the front but i had a bead that was being a pain it is set now after a few bumps I plan on doing just what you propose but i was going 15 front 13 rear me Being a large guy I tend to punch rear tubes at anything less then 15# but with the sidewall size it may not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Got a slab run in today now I'm sure most may carve harder run faster and drink more then me but hear is my impression of the unicross tires on slab. There great I ran up to around 60 perfectly smooth and they are not balanced just a 8oz bottle of slime per tire. They feel nicer in the corners then stock no shaking or sliding just stuck like glue. Now there is one aspect that took some getting use to they lay over faster then the stockers but stand back up slower if that makes sense I like them and will run them again
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:22 am

I run that tires non dot twin the pirelli mt 16 on the rear of my bike, I really like it off road but will buy the metzeler next time to stay dot.

The old school tread pattern really hooks up on rocks, roots and mud plus slides nice around corners its a great tire for the off raod racing I do.

I run 10-12 psi with a heavy duty tube and a rim lock if im staying off the pavement, they dont hook up very good above 15.
Back to top Go down
gomerwr250

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 6:37 pm

We rode a nice 40+ mile Offroad ride today and the tires done good really like the rear I'm running 13# but will drop to a little next time if just felt loose in slot of places today. But the front I'm still not sure of its ok but I'm not impressed yet may need less air I got 15# in it its better then it was at 19 that I'm sure of.
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed EmptySun May 11, 2014 6:21 pm

I have wheel locks and would use 10 lbs at most in those conditions. I like less air in the front due to the lack of front grip with this bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: metzeler unicross installed   metzeler unicross installed Empty

Back to top Go down

metzeler unicross installed
Page 1 of 1