Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...

Go down 
+3
jamiemm18
DPete
zone47
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  Empty
PostSubject: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 am

cry

I've been riding street for 44 years but don't think my reflexes and vision is up to the task of dealing with the aggressive and inattentive snarl of traffic these days. dddog   People are nuts out there and the deer have no regard for crosswalks.

Here is the thing, I've owned almost 70 bikes through the years, so I've had some cool bikes but the WRR is probably one of the bikes I had the most fun on.   Somehow it made me feel like a kid again... all adventurous and excited to get out and explore different places.    Too, it was like going full circle, starting on a street - trail Suzuki 185 and ending up on the WR250R.     The young man who bought my bike last night got a good example!  It was well maintained and not abused, so good for him.

I have a funny feeling I'll talk myself into another one some day, if only for a Sunday ride kind of thing. amazon

Thank you, that will be all.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 9:55 am

Sounds like you had a pretty good run, if the fun is gone it's time to hang it up, you have lots of memories to reflect on.

Zone48 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jamiemm18

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 3:13 pm

There are some places that rent them... Maybe that would be easier than ownership if you only want to go for a ride a couple of times a year. How many miles were on your bike? What did you like best about it? Did it ever breakdown?
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptyThu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 pm

jamiemm18 wrote:
There are some places that rent them... Maybe that would be easier than ownership if you only want to go for a ride a couple of times a year. How many miles were on your bike? What did you like best about it? Did it ever breakdown?

I bought it with like 900 miles and sold it with 8800....

I liked it because it's so nimble.  I could stop and do a quick U turn on a dime if I had to.  Or if someone ran me off into a ditch, well, that's where the bike shines. dunno

77 mpg isn't too shabby either and have fun burning that gas.    

It fell over once and then somehow the kill switch stuck so I ended up having to disconnect the battery and reset the computer.... it was kind of weird.   I got some water in the gas one time too and that really messed with me figuring that one out, but over all it was reliable as the sun.

I'll probably get something else along the way... most likely another street dirt bike of some kind.   I go to Mid Ohio vintage days every year and so it's the best shopping ever for motorcycles of any type, especially vintage stuff.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 am

Howdy.

You've owned about as many bikes as I have over the years.
I stopped counting after 50 of them, and I still to this day have not bothered to add-up how much money that has been.
It certainly has been my life-long interest and hobby, so I believe I can get an idea of how you feel about motorcycles.

I owned both a 2008 WR250R and 2008 WR250X, and liked them.
The WR250X, especially, because it was a fun street bike.
Compared to other street bikes, it's very light-weight, nimble, and with a great engine for sport riding.
I also owned a 2009 Suzuki DR-Z400SM - that I spent over $2,000 in all of the popular modifications for those bikes - and felt the WR250X was actually the more fun-to-ride bike.

If you were to think about getting another street bike in the near future, and perhaps one with more CCs, I recommend a Yamaha FZ-07 (now designated the MT-07 for 2018).
It's a 689cc twin-cylindered bike, so while it weighs more than a WR250X, it has a much lower seat height, is very light-weight and nimble for a 689cc Twin, and has the engine characteristics of a big, single-cylindered Thumper (plenty of low- and mid-range torque).
I have owned my 2015 FZ-07 since August of 2014, and it is definitely one of the most fun-to-ride bikes I've ever owned.

Zone48 likes this post

Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 12:22 pm

I've been saying I'm going to be riding at 100 (Freddie Marsh is my hero).
It might be on a scooter (electric I suppose) or else with a sidecar.

Zone48 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zone48

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 12:01 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Howdy.

You've owned about as many bikes as I have over the years.
I stopped counting after 50 of them, and I still to this day have not bothered to add-up how much money that has been.
It certainly has been my life-long interest and hobby, so I believe I can get an idea of how you feel about motorcycles.

I owned both a 2008 WR250R and 2008 WR250X, and liked them.
The WR250X, especially, because it was a fun street bike.
Compared to other street bikes, it's very light-weight, nimble, and with a great engine for sport riding.
I also owned a 2009 Suzuki DR-Z400SM - that I spent over $2,000 in all of the popular modifications for those bikes - and felt the WR250X was actually the more fun-to-ride bike.

If you were to think about getting another street bike in the near future, and perhaps one with more CCs, I recommend a Yamaha FZ-07 (now designated the MT-07 for 2018).
It's a 689cc twin-cylindered bike, so while it weighs more than a WR250X, it has a much lower seat height, is very light-weight and nimble for a 689cc Twin, and has the engine characteristics of a big, single-cylindered Thumper (plenty of low- and mid-range torque).
I have owned my 2015 FZ-07 since August of 2014, and it is definitely one of the most fun-to-ride bikes I've ever owned.

Hi, well it's a strange life. I'm actually Zone47 but was locked out because of inactivity....

Anyway, funny I found this thread again.   I always wanted the WR250X but never seemed to find one for sale... and yes, the FZ07 is a great bike!  I've never owned one but would love to try one out.  

So I did end up getting back into riding. Last year I found a 2004 YZFR6 with only 1,700 miles (still with the 2004 rubber) cry  on it for $3K but haven't ridden it much due to winter being here, and too, I'm getting old and don't need to be going that fast anymore, so it will be a clean up and re-sale on that one.

But still, it got me thinking, I need another WRR and what a bummer, they are getting hard to find and they are expensive. dddog   I did end up buying one in Kentucky last week and need to go pick it up this week but it has less then 3K miles and looks minty fresh (it's a 2020).  

What fun in reading a bunch of old threads and looking at all the mods I'll have to do all over again.  The worst part is it's hard to find a FMF powercore exhaust now!   I might get lucky.

This message board is so loaded with great info for the WRR owner, I hope it stays active for some time to come. thumb

*Edit* I went over to Kentucky and got the bike last Thursday. Holy crap was that a long drive! But I got the bike >

I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  Wr13

It's a 2020 and only has 2800 miles. I got it for $5500. The dealer said it has a clear title and I thought, great, I'll go pick it up. Then when I get there he says he has to have the title processed and they will mail it to me. Really? I drove 300 miles and the title isn't ready? dddog Anyway, I paid for the bike, got a receipt and the bike and got back home. It's like new, so I'm pretty stoked. I bought some parts off some folks here and am ready to go as soon as the title gets here. freaky

simmons1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  EmptySun May 14, 2023 12:11 pm

Zone48 wrote:

This message board is so loaded with great info for the WRR owner, I hope it stays active for some time to come. thumb

Anyway, I paid for the bike, got a receipt and the bike and got back home.  It's like new, so I'm pretty stoked.   I bought some parts off some folks here and am ready to go as soon as the title gets here.   freaky

So now it's mid-May, and????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...    I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...  Empty

Back to top Go down

I sadly sold my WRR after 8 years of ownership ...
Page 1 of 1