Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ventura250r

Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? Empty
PostSubject: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Does anyone know how to test air intake pressure sensor? Manual says to test the wiring harness side of the coupler to measure the sensor output voltage. Do you have to cut in to wiring insulation and test while the coupler is attached to the sensor? How can you test the sensor output voltage with the coupler disconnected?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptySat May 26, 2018 12:22 am

You're referring to page 8-80 of the manual? I have never had to check this myself, but the instructions on that page look pretty clear.
Back to top Go down
Ventura250r

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptySat May 26, 2018 10:23 am

Yes, I'm referring to page 8-80. The manual states to pull the coupler and test the wiring harness side of the coupler. Which is not testing the sensor itself at all. I must be missing something.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptySat May 26, 2018 12:31 pm

What voltage did you read when checking the harness side, and what voltage did you read checking the coupler side?
Back to top Go down
Ventura250r

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptySun May 27, 2018 11:58 am

With the key in the on position and the bike not running I was not getting any voltage on the harness side. That was with the coupler disconnected from the sensor. Icouldn't tell if the leads were making contact with the coupler or not. I didn't test the sensor for voltage because when it is disconnected it has no power source. There is no resistance spec for the sensor.
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Ventura250r wrote:
With the key in the on position and the bike not running I was not getting any voltage on the harness side. That was with the coupler disconnected  from the sensor. Icouldn't tell if the leads were making contact with the coupler or not. I didn't test the sensor for voltage because when it is disconnected it has no power source. There is no resistance spec for the sensor.

I have had 2 sensors fail in 35K miles.  The latest replacement has a new part number, so hopefully Yamaha has upgraded the part.

Video showing test results with bike running:

https://youtu.be/4tKf2AZUC40

Tests of good and bad sensors with variable vacuum applied:

https://youtu.be/YLKXCD2PJFg

https://youtu.be/qD5Tlb6Cjcg
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Love your videos, they have helped a lot of people! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?   Air intake pressure sensor, how to test? Empty

Back to top Go down

Air intake pressure sensor, how to test?
Page 1 of 1