Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Code 14 intake air pressure sensor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mack Klassen

Code 14 intake air pressure sensor Empty
PostSubject: Code 14 intake air pressure sensor   Code 14 intake air pressure sensor EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 5:25 pm

Hi, I just got a 2013 wr250r a couple months ago and I've only ridden it a few times, on the last ride it started sputtering and popping every time I opened the throttle and eventually died. I read a bit after getting it home and decided to replace the spark plug (it was pretty burnt out) and check the injector, the fuel pump works fine every time I turn on the key. The injector wasn't spraying and I couldn't find a new one that could get here within two months so I cleaned it, tested again and it seemed to be working. Put it all back together and I now have a fault code 14, so it doesn't even do anything when pressing the start button.

I checked the intake air pressure sensor hose and plug (I read that's what a code 14 means), but I wasn't able to get the hose off the engine side so I just put the air wand to it. I also tried looking through the "self diagnosis system" and erasing all fault codes. That erased 2/3 but there's still one.

Thanks for reading and any input you have
Mack
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Code 14 intake air pressure sensor   Code 14 intake air pressure sensor EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 2:46 am

Fault code 14 will not prevent the bike from starting, so there must have been some other Fault Code that is responsible. Did you make a note of all the Fault Codes posted before you erased them?
Back to top Go down
Mack Klassen

PostSubject: Re: Code 14 intake air pressure sensor   Code 14 intake air pressure sensor EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 11:37 pm

johnkol wrote:
Fault code 14 will not prevent the bike from starting, so there must have been some other Fault Code that is responsible. Did you make a note of all the Fault Codes posted before you erased them?

I didn't take a note, though that would have been a good idea, because I just saw that it said there was 3 codes. I'm not sure where to find what the codes actually are, it says 14 in the usual odometer spot.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Code 14 intake air pressure sensor   Code 14 intake air pressure sensor EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 3:24 pm

Diagnostic Monitoring Code 61 shows all the Fault Codes that have accumulated since the last erasure. Given your statement that you erased them (the only way to do that is through Diagnostic Monitoring Code 62), there should be no codes in DMC 61, but it doesn't hurt to check.
Back to top Go down
Mack Klassen

PostSubject: Re: Code 14 intake air pressure sensor   Code 14 intake air pressure sensor EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 6:57 pm

johnkol wrote:
Diagnostic Monitoring Code 61 shows all the Fault Codes that have accumulated since the last erasure. Given your statement that you erased them (the only way to do that is through Diagnostic Monitoring Code 62), there should be no codes in DMC 61, but it doesn't hurt to check.

ok, I ended up bringing it to my local dealership so we'll see what they say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Code 14 intake air pressure sensor   Code 14 intake air pressure sensor Empty

Back to top Go down

Code 14 intake air pressure sensor
Page 1 of 1