Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jamiemm18

FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? Empty
PostSubject: FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?   FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? EmptySun May 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Hey folks, got a 16 WR250R, nice bike, love it. Use it mainly on street. Have a YZ450 for the track. I friend will sell me a FMF T4, header, computer and exup emulator for $425. The items supposedly have 1000 miles on them. Will this seriously wake up the bike? Its a lady so I like taking the kids for rides, etc, but I could see having a challenge in some areas of the woods due to lack of power. I'm keeping the bike regardless, just wondering if that 425 should go to the mods, or maybe put it towards a second street / woods bike that is more suited for the woods (ktm). Can anyone say what % this items helped their bike? 5% more power 10%, etc? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
PeteJE

PostSubject: Re: FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?   FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? EmptyTue May 29, 2018 12:40 am

I found the answer for me was yes.  I started with an EJK controller and removed airbox door (all else stock).  The improvement was immediately noticeable.  Not a faster or more powerful machine, but snappier get there all across the board.  So much more responsive.

I decided to go farther.  I have an FMF Q4 and FMF powerbomb header. I removed all superfluous stuff (exup, CA fuel venting, AIS). For the airbox, I removed all the flapper mechanisms and popped out the whole flapper piece/ceiling to open it up.  I have run with and without door on and like it on because the noise is better, it is more protected, and not a huge difference (door, no door) in what you actually get out of the engine with the en total set up (I found in my own anecdotal experimenting with airbox and controller).

Now the bike is still very, very responsive and it also pulls a bit harder from bottom to top.  I commute, and am impressed it makes passing power all the way up to top speed when you ask for it.  The low and mid are absolutely more pulling and snappy than stock and the exhaust added another step over my first trials with only the controller and intake opened up.  I really really love this bike now.  When I rode it home from purchase I was “meh”. Now it is awsome, and I have been taking it out more than I thought - I put 3k miles in last two months (it is a second / fun bike to my street triple r).  I also had a lot of fun doing the stuff to it.  It is now a much more simple and direct machine than when stock.  It feels way better too.

I run 13/48 gearing and comfortable top speed, 6th gear wide open, is 87 (I get 85-90 on levels depending on the drag or wind of the moment).  I pass and keep up with so cal commuting comfortably up to that 85 as needed.  First and second gear, I find, are VERY short - I barely see them, lol.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?   FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? EmptyTue May 29, 2018 9:05 pm

jamiemm18 wrote:
Hey folks, got a 16 WR250R, nice bike, love it. Use it mainly on street. Have a YZ450 for the track. I friend will sell me a FMF T4, header, computer and exup emulator for $425. The items supposedly have 1000 miles on them. Will this seriously wake up the bike? Its a lady so I like taking the kids for rides, etc, but I could see having a challenge in some areas of the woods due to lack of power. I'm keeping the bike regardless, just wondering if that 425 should go to the mods, or maybe put it towards a second street / woods bike that is more suited for the woods (ktm). Can anyone say what % this items helped their bike? 5% more power 10%, etc? Thanks.

For me no.

Then again it is all about what you have already done to the bike (many change the gearing) and the type of riding you are doing. The WR250R is my trail and camping bike so I am not out looking for that extra hp.

Will it make a difference - Yes. The question is will the difference be what you expect. Sounds like your buddy is making you a pretty good deal so worse case you put the stuff on don't care for it then you could pull it off and you should be able to sell it and get your money back.

This type of thing comes down to 'does it work for you'. If so it is a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?   FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:09 pm

Try it out, you should be able to sell it again for the same money if you dont like it.

So I guess you get a "free" try if you want.
Back to top Go down
Potentate

PostSubject: Re: FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?   FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 3:59 am

It’s a significant weight reduction mod, adds some power, and sounds much better.

It is significantly louder, like previously said, if you don’t like it you won’t have any trouble selling it for what you paid. I’d suggest trying it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?   FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Muffler, header, computer and exup emulator worth it?
Page 1 of 1