Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrilla Moto Detroit

OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL   OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey team:

Does anyone have a EXACT list of what is performed during the first service?

Every dealer near me is charging $200/220 and I'm wondering if I should/can do it all myself.

OR - maybe since its the first service its best to have them do it..

Backstory: the 2008 I JUST bought off of Craigslist - with only 567 miles - has been sitting idle in a garage for many years. I've been riding it...seems ok..

Thanks in advance for any input!

a
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL   OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Do you have an owners manual? Check under the seat for one since that sometimes will list what is to be done.

Next thing I would do is pick up a service manual if you are interested in doing some of this service yourself. That will have a service schedule for the bike. I think you maybe able to find a downloadable version fairly cheap but I generally like to have a hard copy for when I work on the bike so I am not running back and forth to the computer - Yeah I am old.

The only thing I am not sure of is I think for the 2008 model there was a valve gap check inspection at 600 miles. If the valve gap was out of specification then it was to be adjusted - which can take a bit of time. The next valve check was to be done at 26,000 miles. Later models just had the first check at 26,000 miles.
Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL CHECKLIST FOR FIRST SERVICE INTERVAL
Page 1 of 1