Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ticking sound similar to valve tick, but not?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dsrtghst42

Ticking sound similar to valve tick, but not? Empty
PostSubject: Ticking sound similar to valve tick, but not?   Ticking sound similar to valve tick, but not? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2018 3:23 am

Hey new rider, first bike, so try to bear with me. I've had my bike about a month, and I don't know if it's done this the whole time and I'm just now noticing it, or if it's new. There is a ticking sound that sounds very similar to valve tick to me. It speeds up and slows down with the RPMs. But I can't seem to hear it if I rev it in nuetral, which leads me to believe it's not valve tick, maybe transmission related? There is also this thing where if I'm somewhere in the RPM range with a bit of power and let completely off the throttle suddenly, I can feel like a bang or something down below. Same thing if no throttle and then sudden full throttle. I'm not sure if the two problems are connected. Any ideas? Troubleshooting tips?
Back to top Go down

Ticking sound similar to valve tick, but not?
Page 1 of 1