Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Weird brake light issue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
turnfast

Weird brake light issue Empty
PostSubject: Weird brake light issue   Weird brake light issue EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 12:44 am

Just picked up this bike used, 2010 WR250R. I'm having a hard time troubleshooting root cause, hoping someone here can help.

So here are the symptoms:
  • Tail light lights up fine, signal lights, horn and headlights all work fine.
  • Neither front nor rear brakes activate the brake light.

Here's the troubleshooting I've done:

1. Switched out entire tail light assembly with new OEM unit. Same issue. So that rules out the tail list assembly being broke (someone else reported an issue here so I tried this first)
  2. Plugged in new rear brake switch, manually pulled the spring to mimic activating the brake, still no brake light. (Tail light remains on).

Given this, I'm quite confident the issue is not with the tail light assembly, or brake switch. What else could it be though??
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Weird brake light issue   Weird brake light issue EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 3:13 am

No connection from the brake light switches to the taillight.
May be that a wire is unplugged or broken.
Time to look at the wires and test for continuity.

Have you asked the previous owner what he did to the bike?
May shed some light.
Back to top Go down
fredaroony

PostSubject: Re: Weird brake light issue   Weird brake light issue EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 12:35 am

Wondering if your brake light is actually on all the time. I fit some Bark Busters on the weekend and the brake lever touched the metal frame. When this happened it activated the brake light switch so the light was on all the time.
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: Weird brake light issue   Weird brake light issue EmptyFri Dec 14, 2018 12:03 am

Get a multimeter on the disconnected 3-prong plug with the ignition on. One prong to the ground prong should always have voltage and the other cycles with the brakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird brake light issue   Weird brake light issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird brake light issue
Page 1 of 1