Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barkstale

Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch Empty
PostSubject: Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch   Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi,

Clutch switch is broken. Problem caused - no in gear el start possible(super annoying. See for yourself- youtu.be link
/zgyVKt9pFMg). Diagnosis - bridged different sensors at relay connector. Fix - new clutch switch. Havent bought one yet. If you happen to have one let me know!

Now the real problem which doesnt let me ride.

The outlet tube on fuel pump housing is broken.
The last owner had broken and fixed it but it failed in a month in my hands. Yamaha dealer quoted me over 400 eur. Alibaba showed its 30 usd but out of stock. Asked sevelar vendors with no luck.
It would be silly to pay 400 eur for a small plastic tube piece which looks like it ise removable from rest of the housing.
I fixed it temporarily 2 times but both fixes failed.
Now I ordered jbweld which will hopeflully fix it for good.
I am also thinking of doing a 3d model and prining a new part.
If you have a fuel pump housing laying around then please let me know!
My bike looks sad right now :(

Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch Jpeg_210[url=https://servimg.com/view/20034722/4]Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch Jpeg_210
Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch 15503310Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch Jpeg_210
Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch 15503310
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch   Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 3:45 am

Barkstale wrote:
Clutch switch is broken.

You can simply remove the clutch switch; you do not have to bridge any wires. You won't be able to start the bike in gear, but you shouldn't be trying to start a bike in gear anyway.

Barkstale wrote:
The outlet tube on fuel pump housing is broken.

I don't know of any way to repair this that can hold long term, not even JB Weld. Other members had the same problem, and the only solution is to buy a new fuel pump housing.
Back to top Go down
Barkstale

PostSubject: Re: Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch   Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I feel that electric starter while in gear and clutched is very neccessary function. Every time it stalls I need to start looking for neutral instead of just starting.

Stalls happen alot on my bike....
yoututube /zgyVKt9pFMg

Its sad to hear that jb weld fails for the fuel pump assembly repair. I will try anyways. My logic is that if a random epoxy glue held for about a month then jbweld will do better!

In 2 months I get to move back home with my bike where I can make a 3d model for just the piece that is broken and print a new one.

350 eur is too darn expenceive for a plastic tube like that.
Is there any information about how people have glued it back together ?
How does the pump assembly outlet tube brake in the firstplace ?
Do they brake them while disassembly of rhe bike ? Cant see it happen while riding...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch   Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch EmptyMon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

I have read several posts over the years where they get broken when somebody removes the fuel tank from the bike and then drops it.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch   Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 2:16 am

Barkstale wrote:
My logic is that if a random epoxy glue held for about a month then jbweld will do better!

How did the repaired outlet fail? Did you get stranded?

The outlet is above the motor, so when the repair fails, gas will start spilling onto the hot motor; do you really want to take that risk? Even if the gas does not ignite, you do not have a problem getting stranded, possibly in the middle of nowhere, with gas spilling out?

To answer your question, I have not read any report of someone successfully putting these pieces back together.

I do not understand how 3D printing is going to help you here; if I remember correctly, the outlet is not a piece that attaches to the pump housing; the pump housing and the outlet are one single piece, so you would have to print the entire housing -- or at least the bottom portion of it, which is fairly complicated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch   Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken: Fuel pump housing + clutch switch
Page 1 of 1