Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My rear light mod

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptyTue Feb 19, 2019 5:49 pm

My rear light mod BikeRear_zpszvov7k3b

This is the mod of my WR/R to clean up the rear end
Back to top Go down
bridger28

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 6:29 pm

That looks good but does it too bright to blind someone in the rear at night?
Back to top Go down
Dave

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Not at all. The brake light and turn signals are the original stock units. I wanted those so that they would be seen easily. I ride 90+% road and want even the distracted drivers to see me. Keeping the original also preserved the Yamaha look and both front and rear turn signals remain the same.
I have a concern that many of the smaller units that are so popular will not be seen as easily. Also the wide spacing of the stock turn signals assures that they will be understood. I'm not a big fan of the combined units, though I don't fault those who are.
As for the license plate light, it shines down on the plate, so wouldn't bother other drivers. It's an LED unit, so even though it's brighter than the stock unit, it's smaller, will last much longer than a bulb, draws less current than the stock bulb and costs less than $15 at RevZilla.
This is a very inexpensive mod as I had the aluminum for the license plate mounting and the rear reflector mounting in my shop. I cut the stock mud guard, so no cost there. Just the LED for the license plate and a few bolts. I did add 2 $0.79reflectors to the license plate. Not needed because I moved the rear reflector above the brake light.
I hope this helps and wasn't too long winded
Back to top Go down
bridger28

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Then that's one awesome mod, nice!
Back to top Go down
Dave

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:28 pm

You can find detailed info here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WR250XnR/search/?query=dave&epa=SEARCH_BOX.
Back to top Go down
bridger28

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 6:48 pm

Dave wrote:
You can find detailed info here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WR250XnR/search/?query=dave&epa=SEARCH_BOX.

Thank you very much, sir!
Back to top Go down
dwollie

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 4:07 am

Really nice mod. Good job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My rear light mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: My rear light mod   My rear light mod Empty

Back to top Go down

My rear light mod
Page 1 of 1