Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear running light not on, but break light works????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boomtard135

Rear running light not on, but break light works???? Empty
PostSubject: Rear running light not on, but break light works????   Rear running light not on, but break light works???? EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 pm

So I got pulled over the other day and was told my rear running light wasnt on, but my break light worked.....got a warning...thank god she didnt see the wheelie a few seconds prior.  lol
GAHHHH 
Thats my problem, the running light is out but the break lights works great.....any one know the issue??

I bought the bike about a year ago and the guy before me rigged the stock tail light, like a lot of people do.

The wiring under the tail in a mess. It kinda worries me that there is a bigger problem than just the light being busted. I looked at the light it self and I couldn't figure out how to take the plastic cover off to see if anything was wrong with the lights without breaking the damn thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Rear running light not on, but break light works????   Rear running light not on, but break light works???? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:32 am

Stock or aftermarket tail light assembly?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Rear running light not on, but break light works????   Rear running light not on, but break light works???? EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Test the wires going to the light for power, I just poke them with the multi tester close to the light, you dont need to unhook anything.

If theres power getting to the running light and it doesnt work you need a new one.

Theres only one power wire for the running light and one for the brake light, I cant remember which colors do what but with only 2 power wires to check its not hard to figure out.

Im going to put the 30 dollar tusk led tail light on mine next... my drc light died very quickly and the stockers pretty big and ugly even after modding it.
Back to top Go down
boomtard135

PostSubject: Re: Rear running light not on, but break light works????   Rear running light not on, but break light works???? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:13 am

Thanks, I will have to grab a tester and check it out.

I was looking at a DRC light set up. What happened to yours?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Rear running light not on, but break light works????   Rear running light not on, but break light works???? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 5:43 pm

IMO the drc tail light is a total piece of crap...

Its not sealed at all... if you wash it or ride through water or dirt water gets in it then it dies!

The plate holder is cheezy it brakes your plate if you tip over and it hits the ground.

The gap between the plate and light causes mud/dirt to cover the light and no one can see your expensive tail light so its not safe to ride on the road after you ride in the dirt unless you stop and clean it!

Honestly you would have to try hard to make a worse workng tail light, the drc light looks good but that doesnt mean much to me if it doesnt work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear running light not on, but break light works????   Rear running light not on, but break light works???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear running light not on, but break light works????
Page 1 of 1