Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! Empty
PostSubject: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 am

I received a Quiet Core insert over the weekend.......slides in about an inch then rubs hard on the mesh/baffle......I suppose it could be pounded into place but it seems to me that the Fred Flinestone method should not be necessary........wondering if they sent me the wrong insert?? Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! Icon_scratch ........Does anyone else out there in WR250R land have one of these pipes with an insert installed? If so, did it slide into place easily or did you have to slam it in there......if the latter I may not bother as I want to be able to easily "insert the insert" on rare occasions.......most of the time it will NOT be in the pipe......

Last edited by Crawdaddy on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 am

Do you have the pipe with the long black end cap (Dubach and International GYTR) or the short silver end cap (North American GYTR)?
I have the GYTR with the long black end cap and the oxygen sensor bung and I cannot not find the mesh/baffle you speak of in fact it is a clear pipe you could roll a ball down it and it would end up in the header. Maybe yours has a spark arrester.
I think the Dubach site has some info about it but I am not sure you might want to check.
Let me know how it goes as I am considering getting one for my bike. thumb
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:38 pm

WRRSam wrote:
Do you have the pipe with the long black end cap (Dubach and International GYTR) or the short silver end cap (North American GYTR)?
I have the GYTR with the long black end cap and the oxygen sensor bung and I cannot not find the mesh/baffle you speak of in fact it is a clear pipe you could roll a ball down it and it would end up in the header. Maybe yours has a spark arrester.
I think the Dubach site has some info about it but I am not sure you might want to check.
Let me know how it goes as I am considering getting one for my bike. thumb

Long Cap (Dubach)......spark arresstor was removed to insert quiet core which has an integrated spark arrestor.......the baffle is the round/perforated metal mesh pipe the fiberglass packing is wrapped around......thanks for the reminder to call Dubach!.....
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 am

Crawdaddy wrote:

Long Cap (Dubach)......spark arresstor was removed to insert quiet core which has an integrated spark arrestor.......the baffle is the round/perforated metal mesh pipe the fiberglass packing is wrapped around......thanks for the reminder to call Dubach!.....

My pipe has no spark arresstor so maybe parts/attachments/fittings of that are getting in your way and stopping the quiet core from going in.
Also who makes the pipe and quiet core Dubach or GYTR?
Let me know how it goes. thumb
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Quiet Core for Dubach/GYTR NOT available....   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:58 pm

I just got off the phone with Dubach.....they kept saying , "it's a WR250 right....it oughta fit?".....About the 3rd time I told her it was a 250 "R" not a 250"F" there was a pause......."Oh, ya, you're right, it won't fit the street bike version because it's the same diameter as the perforated baffle"........gee, no kidding? Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! 911463 ........So I'm returning the insert since it's of no use to me.....

Asked them to modify their website and told'em I'd pass the word to the WR250R/X community......

Last edited by Crawdaddy on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm

WRRSam wrote:
My pipe has no spark arresstor so maybe parts/attachments/fittings of that are getting in your way and stopping the quiet core from going in.
Also who makes the pipe and quiet core Dubach or GYTR?
Let me know how it goes. thumb

No, the spark arrestor is just a little/wire plug that fits underneath the main cap......you could probably order one for your bike if you need a spark arrestor......

Dubach is the mfg of the pipe.
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Db killer   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 am

That stinks, I wish they were a little bit more clear on the site! It amazes me how some of these places stay in buisiness...how do they not know what they make? Great quality pipe though, too bad about the lack of a DB killer. Just glad it does not really need it, mine passed the 96db check with a 94db rating at a recent dual sport event.
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:48 pm

vwsandman wrote:
That stinks, I wish they were a little bit more clear on the site!.
Agreed.....pretty lame Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! 911463

I just put the FMF Power Bomb on the bike last weekend but haven't had a chance to ride the bike since I programed the FMF fuel controller/installed the header.......the Powerbomb may tone it down a small bit, but I agree, it's not THAT loud anyway, still quieter than any of my KTMs in stock trim.....I only orderd the quiet core insert because a friend in the industry was able to get it cheap......I'll just send it back for a refund....
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Modify Insert?   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Any way to duplicate/modify the insert to fit? Could you post up some pictures?
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:02 pm

vwsandman wrote:
Any way to duplicate/modify the insert to fit? Could you post up some pictures?
I don't see an easy way to mod it.......not worth the hassle (to me)

Sure, I'll take the end cap off the pipe and take some pictures of the pipe/insert before I send it back.....
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: pictures   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:25 pm

Thanks...just curious! Never know what can be made.....
Back to top Go down
Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:26 pm

vwsandman wrote:
..... Could you post up some pictures?

Dubach Can rear view:

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! WRExhaustcap

First layer of onion peeled:

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! WRexhausttip

Sparky screeen:

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! WRexhaustSparky

Quiet Core:

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! WRexhaustquietcore

Sparky removed......can you see the perforated core inside the pipe?.....it's the same diameter as the main portion of the quiet core insert:

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! WRExhaustinerds

Which is why the quiet core won't fit once the taper runs up to the same diameter:

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! WRexhuastquietcore
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Dubach pipe pics!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 am

Crawdady you are the Man! To be honest I am surprised there is so much difference between the GYTR pipe and the Dubach since they come from the same place. I need to take some pics of my onion peeled to illustrate the differences. I do not recall my GYTR pipe being D shaped like your Dubach....Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
garman

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm waitng for my Dr D pipe for my 08 wr250x, but i found a quiet core insert from Dr D that fits " ALL DR D SPARK ARRESTOR SLIP ONS" it looks different than this one, More cone shapped and straight, maybe slightly smaller in diameter. My slip on should be here soon, will let you know if this one works
Back to top Go down
garman

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:14 pm

My Dr D can arrived for my 08 WR250X, even though my quiet core looked different than crawdaddy's quiet core, it went in just about as far, about 3 inches short. I called Dr D's and they said that in 08 they made a few quiet cores for the wr250x and R'2 but that there was no demand, so they stopped making them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!   Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE! Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiet Core insert - GYTR / Dubach Pipe - THERE ISN'T ONE!
Page 1 of 1