Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike Floods Of Fuel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bosna917

Bike Floods Of Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Bike Floods Of Fuel   Bike Floods Of Fuel EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 11:59 pm

Title of topic explains the problem. It is a 2015 Yamaha wr250r with fuel injection. The motor floods with fuel everytime that I try to start it and it ends up hydro-locking.

The bike was running great before. It died when I went into a corner at about 38mph. Halfway through the corner, the bike died and I downshifted thinking it was too high of a gear to realize the motor was off. I was going no where so I pulled over trying to hit the e start and nothing. I get it home and swap out the fuel pump fuse since it was popped. The pump died I threw in a aftermarket pump and regulator from Quantum. The pump made noise and sent fuel now the bike floods.

New parts on the bike since that has happened
• New OEM injector from Yamaha
• New spark plug NGK
• New battery
• New fuel pump
• New fuel pressure regulator

Unplugged the FMF tuner to isolate problem and still nothing.

If anyone has any tips I would greatly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Bike Floods Of Fuel   Bike Floods Of Fuel EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am

The fuel pump fuse popping indicates that you probably had a bigger problem than a failing fuel pump -- and might still have. Have you confirmed you have spark?

How many miles on the bike?
Back to top Go down
bosna917

PostSubject: Re: Bike Floods Of Fuel   Bike Floods Of Fuel EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 1:19 pm

The bike has spark confirmed it by shocking myself and watching spark the bike has roughly 5,600 miles
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Bike Floods Of Fuel   Bike Floods Of Fuel EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 6:15 pm

During this whole incident the ECU did not post any error codes?

I would first look for a short in the wiring; scour the forums to find cases where people found shorts in very unexpected places.

A distant second would be to check valve clearances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bike Floods Of Fuel   Bike Floods Of Fuel Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike Floods Of Fuel
Page 1 of 1