Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear fender - how to remove?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StevenT

Rear fender - how to remove? Empty
PostSubject: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Guys
Just got my new WR250R. I want to get rid of the enormous licence plate holder on the back, but couldn't get the rear fender off to get at the bolts. Got the seat off and then unscrewed the two bolts under the seat holding the fender, but there is something else holding the rear fender on and I can't work out what. Don't want to bend it too much. Does it slot forward or back or something? Or are there some more bolts to undo that I haven't found? It was getting dark which didn't help... and help much appreciate.
Back to top Go down
NorCalWR

NorCalWR

PostSubject: Re: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 6:23 pm

You don't need to remove the fender to remove your tail light assembly. The bolts on the tail light assembly are threaded into the sub frame itself therefore you do need to get to the nuts.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Does it slot forward or back or something?

Yes, it does.
There's a tab-A-into-slot-B-type arrangement holding the rear portion in place.
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Once you've removed both bolts slide/pull back the fender...
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:40 am

I've always removed the seat, then the side panels, and of course the two bolts under the seat area. There is a tab holding it like others have said. Removing the side panels should help because they sort of lock into the front sides of the rear fender.
Back to top Go down
StevenT

PostSubject: Re: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Brilliant, thanks for that. Got it off. It was the 'pull/slide it back' bit that helped.
Will be fitting the luggage rack and a tail tidy when it stops snowing, will get some pics on! Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear fender - how to remove?   Rear fender - how to remove? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear fender - how to remove?
Page 1 of 1