Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

A few "under the seat" questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Desmo007

Desmo007

seat - A few "under the seat" questions Empty
PostSubject: A few "under the seat" questions   seat - A few "under the seat" questions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 12:43 pm

Hey guys -

Newbie here within the WR world. I just picked up a 2008 WR250R, and am in the process of cleaning her up. I've removed all the weird crap (delete stuff) and started on the airbox. Now... I see a couple of weird things that remind me of my Toyota. Mainly this thing that looks like a YAW sensor... It says "UP" on it, and it is bolted on a vibration mount under the seat. is this a sensor for a motor cut out when dumped? If so, can I unplug the thing, or does it need to have a jump wire installed?

Also, I removed all the vacuum crap from the airbox. But I see two lines from the injection manifold. What is the second vacuum line for? it goes into a small 2 bolt pickup with yet another plug. (near the end of the tank, under the frame brace)

Any help would be appreciated!

seat - A few "under the seat" questions B10
seat - A few "under the seat" questions A10
seat - A few "under the seat" questions C10
Back to top Go down
Desmo007

Desmo007

PostSubject: Re: A few "under the seat" questions   seat - A few "under the seat" questions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 8:39 pm

Okay, welp if anyone is curious, the "YAW" is a "Lean Angle Sensor" and the other seems to be a "Speed Sensor".

So I'm leaving the latter sensor alone, but am really wanting to drop the lean angle sensor. Anyone know if I can just unplug it, or do I have to jury rig the plug?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Desmo007

Desmo007

PostSubject: Re: A few "under the seat" questions   seat - A few "under the seat" questions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 11:47 pm

Sounds like the angle sensor can be overwritten using super glue and a little ingenuity. I’ll leave it for now.
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: A few "under the seat" questions   seat - A few "under the seat" questions EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 12:29 pm

I would leave the lean sensor alone. It kills the bike if it is laying on it's side. However, if you plan to do aerial stunts it could be a problem, but the bigger issue is it is the wrong bike for that!

Desmo007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Desmo007

Desmo007

PostSubject: Re: A few "under the seat" questions   seat - A few "under the seat" questions EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 2:47 pm

Yeah, I’ve just never seen such a thing on the other 15 plus bikes I’ve owned. It reminds me too much of my YAW sensor on my Sequoia that’s been a major pain. No flips planned, but looking into these sensors, they don’t seem very robust. 🤷🏽
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few "under the seat" questions   seat - A few "under the seat" questions Empty

Back to top Go down

A few "under the seat" questions
Page 1 of 1