Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

on/off effect

Go down 
+14
buggs68
0007onWR
JonDaddy82
scottmac
Jay
BluePill
Machtig
Jäger
vwsandman
SheWolf
Don T
Nice Rumble
mwakey
f3joel
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vwsandman

vwsandman

on/off effect - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Cool, post up what you think after you get it installed....I think you will like it.
Back to top Go down
buggs68

PostSubject: TPS adjustment thread.. On / OFF Throttle issue   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:59 am

I have a 08 WR250r and have tried a programer (FMF) and raised the Co from -7 to +10 and that helped just a little but it still turns on and off like a switch. I found a TPS adjustment for a my Suzuki SV650 and it worked perfectly on that bike. So I will give it a try on the WRR even though the display will not show when the injector turns on at least the basic TPS adjustment should be similar, after all it's still EFI. Please read this entire thread from the SVrider forum. it just may solve our throttle snatch problem for good. Please let us all know if someone has good results.. Thanks... Shog

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459&highlight=throttle+position+sensor
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 am

buggs68 wrote:
I have a 08 WR250r and have tried a programer (FMF) and raised the Co from -7 to +10 and that helped just a little but it still turns on and off like a switch. I found a TPS adjustment for a my Suzuki SV650 and it worked perfectly on that bike. So I will give it a try on the WRR even though the display will not show when the injector turns on at least the basic TPS adjustment should be similar, after all it's still EFI. Please read this entire thread from the SVrider forum. it just may solve our throttle snatch problem for good. Please let us all know if someone has good results.. Thanks... Shog

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459&highlight=throttle+position+sensor

It sure would make a diff if you hit spot on. But you could end up with a bike that runs like sh**.....

Dont know how to enter service mode on these ones. it seems like its only possible to adjust CO ??

If anyone solves that problem we could be near salvation of the jerkiness. Very happy
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
zachsb3

zachsb3

PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 pm

i used to hate this about my X. I got used to it quickly, and with the chain adjusted properly i dont feel its a big deal. Its really helped my throttle control too i believe. the only time its un settling is riding at low speeds offroad.
Back to top Go down
Elessar

Elessar

PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:32 am

The Throttle Tamer is the solution for this problem. This device is a change in the cam radius of the throttle to reduce that snatch off idle. It's simple and effective. You can spend a lot of money and time trying to change/remap your fuel deliver etc. but this solution works.
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 am

Elessar wrote:
The Throttle Tamer is the solution for this problem.

It is a solution but I don't think that it is the correct one. I adjusted my TPS and fixed my problem and all it really cost me was time as I already had the tools. I did not have to buy a $70 replacement part.

The main reason I wanted to do this is that it is not a problem on everybody's bike and I wanted to find a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: on/off effect   on/off effect - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

on/off effect
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2