Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Flashing check engine light?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CarterG

Flashing check engine light? Empty
PostSubject: Flashing check engine light?   Flashing check engine light? EmptyWed Apr 19, 2023 9:47 pm

I was riding today and towards the end of the ride I got a flashing check engine light after a small hill climb where the bike got pretty high rpm’s.

I didn’t notice how many times it flashed but after I let the bike cool for a little bit it stopped flashing and didn’t flash again on the ride back to the truck. It’s the first ride since I changed the oil and coolant so could be something to do with that but I don’t think so.

My guess is it just overheated a little bit but wanted to see if anyone else had a similar problem.

CarterG likes this post

Back to top Go down
johnkol

Flashing check engine light? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flashing check engine light?   Flashing check engine light? EmptyThu Apr 20, 2023 3:49 am

There is a dedicated light for the coolant temperature, are you sure it was the CEL and not the coolant temperature light (which is right above the CEL)?

Did you check to see whether any fault codes have been thrown?
Back to top Go down

Flashing check engine light?
Page 1 of 1