Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BenWRR

Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set Empty
PostSubject: Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 7:51 pm

I got around 4,000 miles from a F/R set of D606's. The 606's were a great tire. They had provided all the traction I had needed on both the street and the dirt and had also lasted a most impressive amount of miles.

With the price of a set of the Tusk Adventure Dsport tires at $125 shipped, I could not resist and put a new set on yesterday. I got to ride on them this morning and they are excellent tires. On all my local trails, that had some muddy sections on them as we had gotten a lot of rain last week and it has stayed hot, albeit humid, since Wednesday, the tires did every bit as good as the 606's.

I will see how long the tires will last and will be happy if I can get 3,000 , if not 4,000 miles out of these tires.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 8:31 am

It happens to be two months since I had posted my thoughts on the Dsports and I now have about 2,500 miles on the Dsports and I will say that they have been excellent tires. The tires have gotten me through everything and anything that the D606's did and that the Motoz Tractionator H/T's that I have on another dual sport bike(Beta 350 RR-S 2022).

The Dsports have also been wearing very well. I estimate that there is just a bit more than 1/2 of the tread remaining. Once they get down to about 1/3 left, I will change them out unless I feel that I'm not getting the traction that I'm used to when I go through any mud(puddles) that are on any of the trails.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set EmptySat Nov 11, 2023 11:42 am

I just changed out the rear Dsport tire that I had on for right around 3,400 miles. It is definitely worn and on the (muddy) parts of the trails, I could feel the tire struggling and to me, it is never worth keeping a well used rear tire on when I had/have a brand new one that I got in a set for right around $125.00 shipped, so right around $65 dollars or so for the rear and $60 for the front or whichever way one wants to slice that pie.

The Dsport is definitely a keeper of a tire as between the long life and all the traction I have needed off road and as well as being just fine on the road, the price is the absolute deal sealer for me as the D606 and the Motoz Tractionator H/T are a LOT more expensive and one rear tire alone is the cost of a set of Dsports.

I used a Baja No Pinch tool to get the tire all the way on the rim and a Lang Tools valve stem fishing tool and both made/make the job just so much easier and ever since I got the No Pinch Tool in 2018, I have not pinched one single tube.

Now I will wait for the front tire to wear a bit more before I change it out as it may have 500 to 1,000 miles left before it will need replacement.
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 1:18 pm

I've got 8300 miles on a rear Tusk (CRF300), about on the wear bars. A record rear tire mileage for me bow
But have a D606 waiting to go on, couldn't find one when the OE tire was gone.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 8:25 am

on2wheels52 wrote:
I've got 8300 miles on a rear Tusk (CRF300), about on the wear bars. A record rear tire mileage for me bow
But have a D606 waiting to go on, couldn't find one when the OE tire was gone.

That is some good, long mileage, 8,300 miles.  I could have gotten at least 1,000 more miles however, the off road traction would  have been unacceptable for the mud(puddles) that I come across on some trails.  

D606 had both traction and longevity of the Dsport, just with double the cost of a single Dsport.
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: T   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 10:37 am

I had replaced the front Dsport earlier this week. The leading edge of the middle knob(s) was almost flush with the carcass so I had gotten good life out of it and the tire was slipping out on slippery and muddy parts of the trail. Now with the new front Dsport on and a couple of rides in, I have great traction in the front once again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set   Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set Empty

Back to top Go down

Tusk Adventure Dsport tires, just put on a fresh set
Page 1 of 1