Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher

Go down 
+11
sswrx
vwsandman
dragonfire
Grampaz
clapped_r6
superbee24
Machtig
10Cup
inspector
GsVs
12oclocker
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher Empty
PostSubject: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:07 pm

As you guys know, when you change out your turn signals to LED, the flasher unit on the bike thinks a bulb is burned out, and doubles the flash speed, some guys dont mind this, but some people do.
Load resistors waste tremendous amounts of power and electricity, are bulky, and generate heat, I've come up with an easier plug and play solution; A plug and play "Constant Rate" Turn Signal Flasher, ideal for LED turn signals, no matter what the load, the unit will flash at a normal flash rate, it is an all Solid State design (no mechanical relays) to ensure long life operation. Install will be a snap, just unplug factory flasher unit, plug this unit in, and your done. Should have them available in a couple weeks. Gonna try to keep this as cheap as possible, going to try at keep it close to the $20 range as possible. Post up and let me know what you guys think, who would be interested in something like this?
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: P- P   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Plug n' Play at $20 ---- Yes !
Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Dude, that's simply an amazingly great idea. I haven't gone to the LED side because of money nor brightness of LEDs, but if I did, I'd definitely want something like that.

*why don't you come up with some plug-n-play lights that are as, if not brighter then stock.....then I'll only be short the monies.
**hmmm, my co-worker keeps bugging me about letting him play around with some extra turn signals i have.
Back to top Go down
10Cup

10Cup

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:26 pm

12oclocker wrote:
As you guys know, when you change out your turn signals to LED, the flasher unit on the bike thinks a bulb is burned out, and doubles the flash speed, some guys dont mind this, but some people do.
Load resistors waste tremendous amounts of power and electricity, are bulky, and generate heat, I've come up with an easier plug and play solution; A plug and play "Constant Rate" Turn Signal Flasher, ideal for LED turn signals, no matter what the load, the unit will flash at a normal flash rate, it is an all Solid State design (no mechanical relays) to ensure long life operation. Install will be a snap, just unplug factory flasher unit, plug this unit in, and your done. Should have them available in a couple weeks. Gonna try to keep this as cheap as possible, going to try at keep it close to the $20 range as possible. Post up and let me know what you guys think, who would be interested in something like this?

Your not getting your parts from Fram Filters are you?? Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 93746
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:45 pm

10Cup wrote:
12oclocker wrote:

Your not getting your parts from Fram Filters are you?? Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 93746

Well only the most critical parts will be crafted from the cardboard out of fram filters. lol
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm

I'm interested. Let me know when they're ready and I'll buy one.
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:31 pm

+1 Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 pm

not to rain on the parade, but this product already exists. it was in the "motorax" display at my local Cycle Gear. it is a $19 flasher for LED's, specific to yamaha. unplug / plug in, works perfectly.

i'm running LED's in the front, and a clear alternatives taillight / turn signal combination in the rear.

i don't know if it'll work with other combinations, and it sounds like your product will likely end up better being a constant flash. it's a good idea
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 pm

i checked it out, i might still make it, mine will be at least half the size of their unit, and all solid state, with 500,000 life hours caps, instead of 1000 life hour caps, so there is that advantage.
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:11 pm

I checked out the Cycle Gear unit. I am a Small Business person myself, and I would prefer to support the little guy that supports our habits.

So, I will buy 12Oclocks' unit if/when you make it ! Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks! I'm definitely going to make some ;) I'll keep everyone posted!
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 pm

superbee24 wrote:
I checked out the Cycle Gear unit. I am a Small Business person myself, and I would prefer to support the little guy that supports our habits.

So, I will buy 12Oclocks' unit if/when you make it ! Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865

hey hey i wasn't trying to dog 12oclocker, i bought one of his speedohealers!

if i would have known about his unit upcoming, i would've probably bought it too.
Back to top Go down
Grampaz

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 am

I would definatly buy one of these. Let us know when they're ready.
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Sorry Clapped,

wasn't saying you were doggin' 12oclocker, I know this forum supports his products very well.

Just stating that I realized there are other products out there carried by the bigger businesses and I will always try to buy from the little guy if I can.

I live in a small town and do the same thing in my regular purchases. I always try to support local folks ( including forum supporters) before I head to the big town ( big internet stores ).

Sometimes this doesn't happen because the local small guys either don't have the stuff or charge waaaay too much. I don't mind paying a little extra to support the small/local folks !

Anyway, back on target !

If you build it they will come ( and buy it ! ) Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
dragonfire

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:39 pm

I recently installed the zeta flasher guards and would like to run leds on the back too in doing that I will have to slow the rate down some Ill take one if theyre made soon if not Ill have to buy one somewhere else.I too like to support the little guy as long as theyre done before riding season in mi Ill take one
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:41 pm

I'll probably have a batch done in about a week or two Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Custom LED ELFR-1 unit   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:15 pm

http://www.customled.com/products/flasher_relay/flasher_relay.htm Not trying to dog 12'oclocker either, BUT these are made by several places and are plug in, I use the Custom LED unit found above...I use the ELFR-1 in both my bikes and have never had a problem. I think the pricing needs to be close for you to compete with these guys....

Good luck and thanks for making the stuff you do, it is apreciated!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 pm

thanks, so far it's looking like I wont have a problem meeting the $20 price mark the other guys have Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
vwsandman

vwsandman

PostSubject: Turn signal flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Great news! You make some great products for sure!
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:29 pm

I'll pay a little more for the customer service 12oclocker provides. USPS recently lost my package with my new SpeedoDRD in it. I let 12oclocker know and within an hour he called his post office, who called my post office and lit a fire under their ass, and what do you know, it mysteriously shows up. If they had in fact lost it he was going to ship me a new one at his cost. That's service, and worth a few extra dollars in my book.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:14 am

I'll support 12 o clocker too. Got the speedo healer & wished I had a chance to get the pre-order LED taillight but missed it. I'd like to be on the list for one of the flashers so I can install my LED turn signals without using the resistors.
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 am

thanks guys! Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:36 am

So 12oclocker is this pretty much a relay? or a mini relay haha. Just wondering
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:47 am

nope no relay, it's solid state, no moving parts Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher 61865
Back to top Go down
123honus

PostSubject: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 am

I would like to purchase the constant rate flasher and some connectors.

Anyone have an address.

Thanks, Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher   Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher Empty

Back to top Go down

Constant Rate Turn Signal Flasher
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next