Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear turn turn signal, running lights?

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
xcel
G-MAN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
G-MAN

G-MAN

Rear turn turn signal, running lights? Empty
PostSubject: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:09 am

I noticed today that my rear turn signals do not light up except when flashing for turn signals, the front ones have running lights as well as turn signals. I thought that they were on before but I'm not sure. Is this normal or is something wrong? I think something is wrong and I need to diagnose the problem but don't want to waste my time if it is normal. Any input would be appreciated.

G-MAN Rear turn turn signal, running lights? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:36 am

Hi G-Man:

Just checked the 2010 X and the rear turn signals are off (not running lights) whereas the front turn signals are on (as running lights) when cruising down the road.

I hope that helped ease your mind a bit.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
G-MAN

G-MAN

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:16 am

Thanks Wayne, good thing I didn't spend a bunch of time trying to figure out what's wrong. Rear turn turn signal, running lights? 942737
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 am

None of the bikes come with rear running lights, just the front. thumb

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:16 pm

G-MAN,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out how to make the rear signals into running light/signals like the front. Let us know when you figure that out - OK?

This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:58 pm

This is too funny. I was just about to ask the same question,,I've got close to 7500 miles on my wrr and just noticed my rear turn signals didn't light up like the front ones.,,,,by the way I kinda like the stock turn signals,,I don't see why so many people are in such a rush to put on aftermarket turnsignals Rear turn turn signal, running lights? 945348
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:20 pm

The aftermarket ones are usually a lot smaller and less risk of breaking off during a bike nap. I don't know how many snapped light sticks I've seen from the bike landing on them.

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:17 am

Boondocker wrote:
G-MAN,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to figure out how to make the rear signals into running light/signals like the front. Let us know when you figure that out - OK?

This post will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

It's illegal to have amber running lights in the rear.
*somebody told me that after I said the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:57 am

Yes that is right but you can have red ones. I used to make and sell kits for this... LEDs get to it guys..
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:19 pm

inspector wrote:

It's illegal to have amber running lights in the rear.
*somebody told me that after I said the same thing.

I'm afraid you might be correct about that. This conversion kit addresses what we're talking about.
I was considering it for my V-Strom but it just didn't seem durable enough. I have no first hand knowledge of it though.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:48 pm

You know, I bet our resident electro-teckkie 12o'clocker could make something that would work...

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Electrical Connection rocks I was a dealer for then for yrs. Only bad side to this kits is you can't use it with and 1156LED...
I sold hundreds of them. My kit used a red 1157LED with a plug and play plug to give you your running and stop lights added to your Turn Signals...

And yes they work well on a DL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear turn turn signal, running lights?   Rear turn turn signal, running lights? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear turn turn signal, running lights?
Page 1 of 1