Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Frame guard decals?

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
Addicted
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Addicted

Frame guard decals? Empty
PostSubject: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:06 am

Is anyone out there making adhesive frame guards? I've used these on other bikes - just a thick sticker to protect the paint on the frame (or in my case, cover up the worn off spots!).

I might have to break down an buy the z carbon pieces.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:39 am

I went to a local grafix shop and got a thick, clear piece of plastic they use to cover the front end of new vehicles to stop the paint from chipping. It's probably the cheapest route.

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:27 pm

I bought a sheet of black vinyl on Fleabay to make my own. I haven't got around to it yet, though.
Back to top Go down
Addicted

PostSubject: thanks   Frame guard decals? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:04 am

Looks like I'll take a shot at making some.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Addicted wrote:
Looks like I'll take a shot at making some.

I'm using the one that they put on the stairs so you wont slip, its made by 3M. It has a rough surface and gives a good feel on the heel of the boots.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 am

Now that's not a bad idea! Frame guard decals? 61865
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm

R_Lefebvre wrote:
Now that's not a bad idea! Frame guard decals? 61865

Thanks! Works well for me and it protects the frame. Been using it on my previous bikes and it stays for a long time. thumb
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: An affordable alternative to decals   Frame guard decals? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame guard decals?   Frame guard decals? Empty

Back to top Go down

Frame guard decals?
Page 1 of 1