Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???

Go down 
+5
Karlb
YZEtc
eakins
SheWolf
Enduro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Enduro

Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? Empty
PostSubject: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:41 am

I hate to be a complainer, but I do it anyway. Why would yamaha put gold colored forks on this bike? I can only assume that they somehow saved a penny by doing it b/c the last time I checked gold was not that popular of a color and looks totally out of place on most bikes. In my mind, it's like going out and getting gold teeth. The bike just looked so darn good and balanced (color-wise) until now... The sad thing is that it is one of those things that is almost imposible to change without spending big $$$ or covering them up w/ cheesy stickers. sigh...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 am

Every year they have to change something on it so it doesn't look like its predecessors. Be it grafix, a different tire, or color of plastics. They went with gold forks this time. Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 29721

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am

I know what your saying about changing something, but something else is going on w/ all these gold forks... Every motorcross bike by the big 4 has gold colored forks. Why? If you did a market survey and put 50 of the brightest marketing people in a room and ask them to come up w/ a color for the forks that would compliment the look of the bike, make it popular amoung the masses and help it sell, how many of those 50 would choose the color: GOLD? I'm betting, not many... Sorry to be making such a big deal about this, but my crf250x has gold forks and I hate the color gold. When I do my hourly routine "take a peek out in the garage to check on her", the 1st thing I'm blinded by are those gold legs... Ok, i'm done. maybe, lol...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey it could have been anodized pink or something...worse... Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 527254

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

maybe a nod to ohlins who yami used to own.
i'm sure plenty of 08/09 owners would love to trade for those.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 am

I think it looks good and ain't nothin' to worry about.
They just picked gold tubes for 2010.

Next problem, please. :)
Back to top Go down
Karlb

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 am

I think the gold forks look great , but then thats cause it would go with one of the other rides in my garage!!

Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? IMG_0012-2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:01 am

*whistles* Whoa, flashy ride there buttercup! Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 61865 What other bikes you got hiding that we don't know about? Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 163123

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:05 am

eakins wrote:
maybe a nod to ohlins who yami used to own.
i'm sure plenty of 08/09 owners would love to trade for those.

Not that I am all that concerned about it but, if given the chance I would for sure. I like the looks of the gold fork tubes.

to the OP. I don't think there's any real reason for it. It's just "the look."
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Enduro wrote:
I hate to be a complainer, but I do it anyway. Why would yamaha put gold colored forks on this bike? I can only assume that they somehow saved a penny by doing it b/c the last time I checked gold was not that popular of a color and looks totally out of place on most bikes. In my mind, it's like going out and getting gold teeth. The bike just looked so darn good and balanced (color-wise) until now... The sad thing is that it is one of those things that is almost imposible to change without spending big $$$ or covering them up w/ cheesy stickers. sigh...

Enduro wrote:
I know what your saying about changing something, but something else is going on w/ all these gold forks... Every motorcross bike by the big 4 has gold colored forks. Why? If you did a market survey and put 50 of the brightest marketing people in a room and ask them to come up w/ a color for the forks that would compliment the look of the bike, make it popular amoung the masses and help it sell, how many of those 50 would choose the color: GOLD? I'm betting, not many... Sorry to be making such a big deal about this, but my crf250x has gold forks and I hate the color gold. When I do my hourly routine "take a peek out in the garage to check on her", the 1st thing I'm blinded by are those gold legs... Ok, i'm done. maybe, lol...

You know, it is as simple as if you do not like something either change it, or simply do not buy the bike. It isn't like Yamaha is holding a gun to your head saying "Buy the bike Or we'll blow you F***ing skull in!"

Color of the forks is probably one of the easier things to change.

Personally, if the ONLY real change they've made to the WRR for 2010 is the Fork color I'd consider us pretty lucky, they could have done something mechanical or Edsel'ed it.
Back to top Go down
Max Pwr

Max Pwr

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:36 am

Gold looks sweet I reckon, but then again black would look pretty rad as well!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:50 am

Black does look wicked. Mark's bike is so damned clean you could eat off it. Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 810411

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 am

SheWolf wrote:
*whistles* Whoa, flashy ride there buttercup! Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 61865 What other bikes you got hiding that we don't know about? Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 163123
since you asked.
I have my own liittle axis of evil.
Japan
Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? IMG_0009-6

Italy
Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? PICT00011

and Germany
Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? PICT0020
Also know as
Go Far
Go fast and
Go Anywhere
Here they plot their plans to rule the world.
Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? IMG_0027
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 am

That's awesome! I love seeing a garage full of toys. All beautiful bikes, all well looked after. Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 61865

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? 622730 ya the gold forks are GAY!!got to see the new bikes,and the only gold i would want to see on it would be a nugget stuck in the frame,panning with it through the creeks..or too use the word to discribe the ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???   Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gold Forks on 2010 R, WHY???
Page 1 of 1