Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch Sensor Switch...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Haynes

David Haynes

Clutch Sensor Switch... Empty
PostSubject: Clutch Sensor Switch...   Clutch Sensor Switch... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

I noticed last night that the clutch sensor switch on my bike was not firmly attached into the hole where it nests between the clutch cable and handlebar. It seems to be held there by the wire tie that holds the wires from that side of the bars to the handlebar.

After looking at it I couldn't see anything that appeared broken. It could be that the 2" risers I put in caused it to pop out with my knowing it.

My question is, does it matter?

My understanding is that this switch is only relevant if I'm starting the bike with the clutch pulled in while in gear. Is that right? BTW, the way it is, the bike does start fine with clutch in and in gear.

I doubt that will be a pressing issue for me. I'm just wondering if there's any reason for concern other than that?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Clutch Sensor Switch... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clutch Sensor Switch...   Clutch Sensor Switch... EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:11 pm

The switch is only relevant when you are cranking in gear with the clutch OUT, not in.
Back to top Go down

Clutch Sensor Switch...
Page 1 of 1