Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

clutch switch - what did I do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stevieachi

clutch switch - what did I do? Empty
PostSubject: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi all, not sure if this might be my first post I'm more of a lurker. I've learned a ton here though so thanks! ? About the clutch no start in gear unless clutch is pulled wire / switch.

I bought a righteous lever and read all the posts here about just capping the switch and tying it to the bars / stuffing behind the headlight. I don't want the functionality of the switch; I need to be able to start in gear with my clutch pulled in (off road) and don't need the safety feature of the bike just lurching and stalling if it's not . I disconnected that wire to the clutch to try it. Long story short after all sorts of testing and pushing that switch button in or leaving it out I can only start in neutral. Bring in some cutting off the switch head and now I just have 2 wires left....tried connecting / leaving disconnected and bike still only fires in neutral? What am I missing here? Thanks for any help. Oh should mention I unhooked the actual clutch cable as well in case actually having it pulled would help here? I was holding front brake just trying to hear a quick turn over.

2 buddies and I all just got WR's and love them. Just took a trip to WV and rode the hatfield mccoy trails - what a blast. Some tough stuff there too. Here's a link my buddy posted many more too...this was him hot shotting past is paying the price when a tree popped out of nowhere...everyone came out unscathed.

https://youtu.be/PU8lQugx_GY
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:08 pm

i also have a righteous stunt clutch and to fix the clutch issue you need to keep the circuit closed. what i did was follow the wire back to the 2pin connector on the left side of the frame and made a loop for the connector. then it will start in any gear, just remember to pull the clutch in when starting in gear or it'll lurch forward haha.

Last edited by nickthenack9 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 pm

I also have a RSC (great lever) and all I did was unplug the switch and tuck it in around the headlight (the switch itself is unpressed).
Back to top Go down
stevieachi

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Nick thanks - can you elaborate a little on making a loop for the connector down by the frame to keep the circuit closed? I'm not looking at it right now but I'm also new to a lot of this so a little more detail would really help if you can.
Back to top Go down
stevieachi

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 8:36 am

Wow light bulb moment explaining my issue to a co-worker...I said oh yeah the bike has tons of little switches like that, then explained the kick stand switch! It was down while I was doing all my tests last night. I think I just figured out my issue...now either connect wires or disconnect and put kick stand up and I think I will be good.
Back to top Go down
nickthenack9

nickthenack9

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am

I bought a couple of 'kick stand bypass kits' from 12oClockLabs, its a piece of wire about 2" long with a metal tab on each end (the kick stand switch connector is exactly the same as the clutch switch connector). On the left side of the bike behind the coolant reservoir, i think hidden in a rubber boot you can find a white 2pin connector. unplug it and use the small screwdriver to remove the wires from the connector on the switch end and put the bypass wire into the connector and plug it back into the bike. done!

yeah, don't forget you need the kickstand up when trying to start in gear unless you have bypassed it.

clutch switch - what did I do? PHOTO_20140610_173142
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch switch - what did I do?   clutch switch - what did I do? Empty

Back to top Go down

clutch switch - what did I do?
Page 1 of 1