Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire Tube Size?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
marty

marty

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Does anyone know what size tubes the wrx uses? I'm looking at getting some replacements, but the OEM bridgestones are quite a bit more expensive than some of the other tubes I can buy at the local dealer. There is also the question of valve stem size... does anyone have some info on that?
Back to top Go down
marty

marty

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Or, to get more to the point, I'm mounting a set of bt-016s and don't know what size tubes to buy. The size is 110/70 front and 150/60 rear. The front is the same size as stock, so the stock size tube will work. What about the rear?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:00 pm

I don't know, but I would really like a followup review of how well those tires work on the X. Tire Tube Size? 163123
Back to top Go down
greer

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 5:21 am

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/tires/tireinfo.asp

You just need to be close, not exact.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
marty

marty

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:25 pm

yea, it seems like i thought the tube sizing was much more important than it really is. the local dealer explained everything to me, i guess the front is a 3.25/3.50/4.10-17 TR-4 and the rear is a 4.50/4.75/5.10-17 TR-4. i'll probably mount the tires up next week.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 am

If you are going to ride off pavement a lot would suggest buying the 11 mill HD tube. It is the thickest tube I have mounted (on my buds X) at the time I could only get 8 mil for myself.
The thicker tube wall will last longer & help in puncture protection. Have found that mounting the tires over the thicker tubes to be more worry free. Just keep the tubed powered down w/ corn starch & w/ a little air inside it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire Tube Size? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Tube Size?   Tire Tube Size? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Tube Size?
Page 1 of 1