Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New owner and member - njbill from Advrider

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
njbill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
njbill

njbill

New owner and member - njbill from Advrider Empty
PostSubject: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi folks,

Some of you may know me as njbill on Adventure Rider. After much research on the WR250R, I pulled the trigger today; found a deal I could not pass on. This is my 11th bike and my 5th Yamaha... 6th if you count the PW80 I bought my son. My first bike was a 1976 YZ80C, which may explain the sentimental attachment to Yamahas. I currently own four bikes (3 are Yamahas) and one is the WRR's cousin, a WR250F. I have a different mission planned for the WRR but hope it may be able to ALSO handle some of the enduro trails I use the WRF on. I will let you know how that works out.

Okay, enough about me, where is the mods forum. I see some stuff that is just aching to fall off this bike. New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 619190

Bill
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Howdy. :)

Yes, go on over to the Sweet Mods forum and read all about it.
That's the first thing I did when I bought my WR-250R.

I own a 2009 WR-250F, too, so I know intimately how a WR-250R compares.
Your WR-250R will handle the trails just fine.
Put better off-road tires on, though, unless you're just sight-seeing.

My first bike was a 1972 Yamaha AT-2, the forerunner of the bike that eventually became the DT-125. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:39 pm

Hey Bill, welcome to the pack! New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 61865

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:41 am

Welcome Bill!!
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to add as much value as I get from this forum. I have built a few mini (< 400cc) dual sport / adventure bikes from scratch. Below are some pics. In every case, I was hesitant to sell whatever enduro bike I had at the time for fear of missing it in the woods. I am a little older (slower) now and I hope to be able to build the WR250R to be my do-it-all bike, which for me means a spectrum of use from the TAT to local dual sport events. I am conceding enduros because my body is too beat up.

Most of the fun with those projects was getting the carb tuned to the maximum intake. I became very skilled with jetting, a skill that will be totally useless here. New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 61865

2003 KLX400SR Long Range Dual Sport
New owner and member - njbill from Advrider KLX400sale-31
New owner and member - njbill from Advrider KLX400sale-07

2003 WR250F Dual Sport Enduro
... yes, that is a valid inspection sticker. New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 619190
New owner and member - njbill from Advrider WR250F042
New owner and member - njbill from Advrider WR250FSubMount007
New owner and member - njbill from Advrider KayakingtripAug2009031

2005 XT225 Minimalist Adventure Bike

New owner and member - njbill from Advrider Christmas2007020

New owner and member - njbill from Advrider Christmas2007008

Best do-it-all solution so far
New owner and member - njbill from Advrider Myfavortietoys
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:40 am

Hello, I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do,,, New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 945348 New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 945348 New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 945348 New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 945348 New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 945348 New owner and member - njbill from Advrider 945348
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner and member - njbill from Advrider   New owner and member - njbill from Advrider Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner and member - njbill from Advrider
Page 1 of 1