Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BillDoe

BillDoe

Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner Empty
PostSubject: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 am

I'm running a Contiforce SM 150/60 and when I start to back it in the rear wheel begins to chatter, ideas, comments, or a shove in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

do you feather the clutch into the corner, or do you just downshift and release the clutch? if the RPM's are high and you downshift the wheel will hop if you don't feather the clutch.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Time for a slipper clutch. . .
Back to top Go down
BillDoe

BillDoe

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I feather the clutch, no matter how light I am on it it still hops to some degree.... Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 am

Time to work on suspension. This is likely to happen when riding suipermoto style with soft enduro suspension settings. Try to get stronger compression and rebound damper ratio. This BTW might very well happen at front wheel as well when doing hard cornering and pushing out of the corner with acceleration. I encountered chattering at front and rear wheel when riding my EXC 200 at indoor supermoto tracks. It got better with fully closed suspension settings, but I could net prevent it totally with my enduro suspension. You may very well need to get it serviced to shift it to the range you need for your riding style. I do not know the WR250X stock suspension, but I am quite sure one might experience chattering with WR250R stock suspension at supermoto usage.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 am

Yes, the WR-250R will do the same thing.
Myself, I just live with it. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner   Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear wheel chatter/hop when backing into a corner
Page 1 of 1