Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

rear wheel chatter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WRX17

WRX17

rear wheel chatter Empty
PostSubject: rear wheel chatter   rear wheel chatter EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:23 pm

I just traded my R6 in for a new WR250X. Love the bike so far but when i try to pop the clutch hard in low gears at low speeds it makes the wheel and chain chatter and slip but will not pick up the front tire. Is this because in stock form its got some technical quirk i can rid it of ? I have a K&N air filter and rs2 yosh slip on coming in the mail. Hoping it will help. Chains tight and bike runs well any other time.
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

rear wheel chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel chatter   rear wheel chatter EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:40 pm

If it is a 2008 there is a plastic/rubber piece around the rear sprocket just beneath the sprocket teeth that can cause this if the chain tension is not just right. Supposed to help with noise, those that have tried to remove it state it's a bear to remove.
Back to top Go down
WRX17

WRX17

rear wheel chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel chatter   rear wheel chatter EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:11 am

good call i was looking at the sprocket and could not figure what that strip was and know i know its just a piece of useless crap. I run a super sprocket on my YZ450F. I think ill switch immediately and let you know if it worked.
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

rear wheel chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel chatter   rear wheel chatter EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Be sure to check the wear strip on the swing arm... especially the underside and around the pivot bolt for the swingarm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear wheel chatter Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wheel chatter   rear wheel chatter Empty

Back to top Go down

rear wheel chatter
Page 1 of 1