Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???

Go down 
+6
Ecarnell
inspector
Fanatic
jyam
SheWolf
njbill
10 posters
AuthorMessage
njbill

njbill

Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Empty
PostSubject: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:24 pm

For those of you who have Kenda Trakmaster IIs... what sizes did you order. They do not have the exact sizes needed but I am sure someone smarter than me has figured this out. Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? 61865

FYI - I had these on my DRZ400 and loved them.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Not sure if the Trakmasters are the same weird sizing as the Mitas I'm running (which have an almost identical tread pattern) of 110/100/18 and 90/90/21. Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? 29721

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:55 pm

soo ya!those trakmasters are a weird size, i was thinkin' them too but do they fit well being quite fatter and a little lower?any issues on rubbing or bottoming out? Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Suspect
I back on the road tommorrow and the k778's won't last to much longer me thinks.
getting nice and green around these next of the woods can't wait any longer Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? 379944
hope everybody's HAVEIN' FUN~check out the grippers
jaKenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Img_3918
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Nice summer slickers just about there, John. Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? 93746

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Im running a 100/100 18. I ran the same size in an AC-10.
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:08 pm

f

Last edited by jyam on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:28 pm

any issues with the fatter tires
fanatic? Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 am

not that Ive seen. I dont think its too much fatter than stock.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm bored, been posting pics, did a search on Kenda.... Was curios if Trak Master II's have the "II" or they look like my pic. scratch
Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? DSCF1570
Back to top Go down
Ecarnell

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:42 pm

No "II" on my rear. Same as your pick.
I hate the 760's on the front - but I have been liking the Kenda 775 Washougal for the last year or so (3 of them on my DR650/WR).
They classify it as an MX tire (more agressive than the 760's) - but still has a DOT rating on them (which I need legally up here on the road in Ontario). They are also very cheap.
Next time around I think I may try an AC-10 on the rear if they are comparable in price for the 760's/TrackMaster.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:21 pm

thanks...just curious.

I spent more then a few hours researching tires. These were by far the cheapest (at the time and probably still) so went with them. The front did give me problems with the snow, but honestly didn't know whether it was me and my riding or the tire. LOL Didn't make it far and my tracks looked like an "S" because I couldn't hold a straight line.
Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? DSCF1577

*I would have ordered a different front, but with what was in stock and the pricing, didn't have much of a choice. Sucks cause they ended up shipping them separate anyway.
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 pm

poser2
That's awesome,you must of spent a few hours getting out of there too!Looks like my area just add about a half meter snow!!It's early thou WHAAHOOOOO!! droooool
You digging those tires or at least the rear?I was thinking it too,maybe spring thou eh
Maybe stud the mt's get out on some ice (if that even happens)that would be cool~~
RIP IT UP YO! thumb
ja
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 11:12 am

since you asked, here's just a quick synopsis of the tire in the winter

rear tire worked just as well in the snow as the 606. There was one spot where the bike tractor-ed right out from under my legs and up the incline. It was so slow I was able to keep standing and catch the bike instead of looping it.
front handled the ice just fine (obviously black ice would have been different, lol). Didn't like the snow at all. Up hill wouldn't go straight. Down hill was just freaky. Kept pushing under. (I could have kept my weight backwards more thou and it would have preformed better than.)

Ice....awesome. Clipping along at 40mph, barely slowed in the shallow corners and could easily have gone way faster on the straights.
Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? DSCF1582

the tires are softer than 606's is why i attribute them to handling the ice better. Plus they are SOOOO much easier to mount! I also don't expect to ride much street with these tires as I think they will wear way quicker than the 606's. (Plan to get an extra pair of 50-50 tires for tooling around on the street)

Take all this with a grain of salt since I suck at riding. For the price so far i would buy another. Just waiting to go to an ORV park to try them out in the mud,rocks,roots,water, ect....
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:44 am

I'm one of the smaller group of people who absolutely hates this tire. If it can dig in and bite, it works great. Great drive in slick snot, mud, and sand, and wet loamy soil but shitty on the much more common in where I ride hard pack, loose gravel, rocks, and roots.

FWIW I ran a 110/100/18.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Well, I got a chance to try them out in the wet. Wish I hadn't blown my tube and could have finished the day cry . Luckily we where heading back anyway. Since I was having a hard time on the trail...HH rode my bike out while I rode his KTM. He didn't have any problem riding back on a flat.

Rode for half the time on about 15psi. Slipping a little. Aired down to....not a clue, when we came up to the harder stuff. I think these tires live for low pressure and rim locks. Wasn't sliding around after that. Riding threw puddles all day long. Couldn't tell how much mud was on the bottom (didn't want to roost the guy behind me to find out), but nothing really slowed me down much. Rode through a brand new trial that seemed to be 4inches of turned up loom, just tracked through that.

I'll agree with skierd on the loose thicker gravel.
The only picture I could find are these
Can't see the trail, but with all the stumps you know roots abound! lol
Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Walker_04_dec_10_004
One of the drier easier trials, but thats all i got.

*Funny...searching for some pics to show the conditions and I found an old video of me from the summer/dry season at Walker Valley. My only other time here. Don't laugh...I know i suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4db0_NP37s

Anyway, I'm happy with them. I will go less places on these tires thou. Mostly just to save the tread and plus I don't think they would last on the rocky stuff I sometimes go. I honestly think I could rip those knobbies right off if I was bombing up some of the sharper rocks I have ridden.
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:13 am

skierd wrote:
I'm one of the smaller group of people who absolutely hates this tire. If it can dig in and bite, it works great. Great drive in slick snot, mud, and sand, and wet loamy soil but shitty on the much more common in where I ride hard pack, loose gravel, rocks, and roots.

FWIW I ran a 110/100/18.

I had the same impression of the TMII at first - probably the best DOT tire made for the slop/sand/mud, and a bit sketchier on harder surfaces.

However, once I started playing with air pressure, I found they provided very good grip in all situations (using rimlocks, I would lower down to ~10-14 PSI in the rear to go play in the rocks). After that, I was very pleased with them. thumb

and fwiw, DO NOT run a front Track Master - just get the rear one (I ran the 110/100) and install something else up front. I personally have had great luck with the Dunlop D952 up front. Not street legal, but sticks like glue on and off road.
Back to top Go down
picard

picard

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 pm

skierd wrote:

FWIW I ran a 110/100/18.

+1 (except 100/100-18)
Back to top Go down
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Photo-27
(Kenda Trakmaster II K760 100/100-18 rear tire)

I love this tire. I've never been stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???   Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenda Trakmaster II Sizes ???
Page 1 of 1