Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

help with air box mods?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
danshae

help with air box mods? Empty
PostSubject: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 pm

ive just bought a new 09' 250r and started all my mods,including all junk removal,new pipe,programmer,etc.but what i cant find is how people are modding their airboxes?not the flapper,the airbox itself.any help would be much appreciated.also would doing this be a big help as this poor thing looks very choked down.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:02 pm

This will give you something to read:

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake/77-airboxmod
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:12 pm

yeah, i did that mod too. wasn't too hard.

i DO have a lot more intake noise, and it's not louder in a good way!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:13 pm

You can also opt for the Flow-Rite mod, which works just as well and also acts as a pre-filter. I love it. help with air box mods? 61865

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You can also opt for the Flow-Rite mod, which works just as well and also acts as a pre-filter. I love it. help with air box mods? 61865
where do i find this stuff?and do you think it allows as much air?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 pm

It allows air in and won't let water enter. Small particulate won't get past it, which is how it acts as a pre-filter. I have yet, to this day, had an ounce of trouble with this setup. It also keeps out critters. help with air box mods? 810411

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:58 pm

is this stuff sticky?and did you just drill holes in top or side of box and cover holes with this stuff? and how big of holes?thanks it seems that going this route is easier.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 am

SheWolf wrote:

Can you post a link to where Flow-Rite can be bought? help with air box mods? 61865

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:32 am

Flow_Rite

This stuff is amazing. I was lucky enuf to get a chunk of it off of Red; I have approx. 2" holes in the top of the lid, glued the material over the holes, and also another piece over the intake of the airbox. Works like a hot damn. help with air box mods? 61865

motokid

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Spank you very much.... help with air box mods? 93746

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with air box mods?   help with air box mods? Empty

Back to top Go down

help with air box mods?
Page 1 of 1