Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Attitude gen3 EFI install

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mwagman

Attitude gen3 EFI install Empty
PostSubject: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:29 am

I just received my programmer. i am having trouble finding any instruction on installing this can anyone help me?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:03 pm

click me

yep...no instructions.....does yours look like mine?

If I remember correctly, the white wire with the connector on it is only for use if you have a turbo setup.

The black wire with the loop goes to battery terminal. That's your power.

The other long group of wires goes under the gas tank and connects in a loop to throttle body.

You unplug the stock connector and plug in the Attitude connecter that fits. The the stock yamaha connector you unplugged gets plugged into the other Attitude connector. They can't be plugged into each other wrong.

Oh...and the tube is a breather tube. Route it somewhere simple and zip tie it to stay in place. You may cut to length.

Does that help?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mwagman

PostSubject: bike will not start   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 pm

thanks that seemed like it would help.
I went though all the steps to install it, and when i turned the bike ignition on nothing light up on the programmer. I tried this a few times then tried to start the bike, thinking the bike might need to be on, and it made a loud single click noise. ??? i unpulged the programer and returned the stock plug, my bike still will not start just makes the same click.
Any suggestions, help?
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Battery dead? Maybe programmer drained it?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Check your fuses.

Programmer does not draw enough juice to kill battery.

Which terminal did you hook black wire to?

You don't need to start bike to get lights on programmer. Just turn the key to on and you should see something.

Contact Attitude Industries directly first thing tomorrow.
What they lack in written instructions they make up for with customer service over the phone.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mwagman

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 pm

i checked all the fuses and they are fine.
From what i read above i hooked the back wire to the positive terminal, the power. im assuming this is what was done wrong
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 pm

The black wire is to ground... Attitude gen3 EFI install 619190

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 am

Did you try to push start it? Turn key on, put in 2nd gear, pull in clutch, run with bike really fast and pop the clutch. That might tell if it's electrical (battery, starter etc.) or something else.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:24 pm

SheWolf wrote:
The black wire is to ground... Attitude gen3 EFI install 619190

Dreadfully and wickedly sorry about that. Really I am. Attitude gen3 EFI install 490865
I can't begin to understand why Attitude Ind. can't supply a simple instruction guide with their product.

I hope you got it working once Shewolf corrected my mistake. Attitude gen3 EFI install 986936

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mwagman

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm

its not anyones fault but mine, i mean come on a black wire to to hot ?!? i should have thought twice.
But on a good note, i tapped fairly hard on the starter solenoid with a piece of wood and it began to turn over but would not start, i played with the mode button a few times and some how it fired up. now it starts just fine
The lights dont seem the same as in the demo though, im about to try and figure get it programmed right.
Thanks everybody
p.s these things really should come with instructions
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Set up DEMO: click me

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude gen3 EFI install   Attitude gen3 EFI install Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude gen3 EFI install
Page 1 of 1