Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.

Go down 
+3
Krabill
Matty
Midnite171
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. Empty
PostSubject: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Ever since I got my WR (about 1 month ago) my ring finger knuckle has hurt. I am definitely a two finger clutch and front brake guy and I never had this problem on any of my bikes (that I can remember). I know I don't have to yank the clutch in all the way, I guess I'm just wondering if there's any particular clutch lever or any other trick not to crush my ring finger when pulling in the clutch???
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
Ever since I got my WR (about 1 month ago) my ring finger knuckle has hurt. I am definitely a two finger clutch and front brake guy and I never had this problem on any of my bikes (that I can remember). I know I don't have to yank the clutch in all the way, I guess I'm just wondering if there's any particular clutch lever or any other trick not to crush my ring finger when pulling in the clutch???
try some shorty levers...
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:52 pm

Gloves with protection on the backs of the fingers will do wonders for that.
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:08 am

im the same way, i just get shorty levers. the ASV ones are nice, but pricey
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:56 am

That used to happen on my CBR. With the WR I'm actually making an effort to not pull the clutch in all the way. It's taken awhile but I don't bang my finger anymore and don't have to think about it much anymore either.

*I think this has also helped my clutch action in the tight singletrack too. Being able to slip it and all.

edit**shorties would be cool
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:00 pm

I cut my levers down with a hacksaw. only my two fingers cover the levers now so it doesn't hit my ring finger knuckle anymore if I pull it in too far.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:39 pm

I suggest having your ring finger removed
Might save you a house or two thumb
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Hey, I have a friend that lost two fingers and I have always said that at least he's got his two clutch fingers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.   Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ring finger on clutch hand permanently bruised and hurts.
Page 1 of 1