Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

need help wiring DRC front blinkers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sprscientist

need help wiring DRC front blinkers Empty
PostSubject: need help wiring DRC front blinkers   need help wiring DRC front blinkers EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:47 pm

OK, so I have some DRC 602's for up front, and there are two wires coming off of them (red and black), but the stock blinkers are connected by three wires (blue, brown and black) via a grey plug arising from again three wires (brown, blue and black). So, what is the best way to skin this cat? What are the correct connections from the DRC red/black to the existing blue/brown/black after the factory blinkers have been unplugged and removed? Should I cut out the grey plug and socket altogether? If so what type of connectors should I use if I don't solder (which I might do anyway once I know the correct wire assignments)? What do I do with the leftover wire from the bike to the DRC blinker? Thanks for helping this noob!
Back to top Go down
derm75

PostSubject: wiring   need help wiring DRC front blinkers EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm pretty sure I wired mine black/black and red/brown and just cut out the plug and soldered and used shrink-tubing.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring DRC front blinkers   need help wiring DRC front blinkers EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:48 am

The blue wire is for the "running" portion of the front signals. Your LED signals will not function as running lights, so the blue wire will be unused. The black wire is ground, almost always, which leaves the other color wire (brown, whatever) as the blinker power wire.

What I did was to leave the connectors completely alone on the bike side of things. I took the stock blinkers off and cut off their connectors, leaving me with those three wires. I wrapped the blue one in some electrical tape, as it was not going to be used. I then used Posi-Lock connectors to connect the black wire of the cut-off plug to the black wire of the LED signal, and the brown (or whatever) wire of the cut-off plug to the red wire of the LED signal. You can then just plug the LED signal back into the stock connector, clean and simple. I hate the idea of cutting off connectors on the bike side, you never know what you may want to do in the future.
Back to top Go down
sprscientist

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring DRC front blinkers   need help wiring DRC front blinkers EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:11 am

Derm75 and Mr. Metal - thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Zoltan

Zoltan

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring DRC front blinkers   need help wiring DRC front blinkers EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 2:19 am

Mr.Metal wrote:
The blue wire is for the "running" portion of the front signals. Your LED signals will not function as running lights, so the blue wire will be unused. The black wire is ground, almost always, which leaves the other color wire (brown, whatever) as the blinker power wire.

What I did was to leave the connectors completely alone on the bike side of things. I took the stock blinkers off and cut off their connectors, leaving me with those three wires. I wrapped the blue one in some electrical tape, as it was not going to be used. I then used Posi-Lock connectors to connect the black wire of the cut-off plug to the black wire of the LED signal, and the brown (or whatever) wire of the cut-off plug to the red wire of the LED signal. You can then just plug the LED signal back into the stock connector, clean and simple. I hate the idea of cutting off connectors on the bike side, you never know what you may want to do in the future.

I am going to wire my zeta xc guard blinkers.  Great tip!  I was trying to figure out the best and cleanest way to wire this up.  

UPDATE.  Maybe this will help someone.  I ran into some problems trying to wire up 12oclocklabs Running Light Adapter in between the factory wiring and your new LED flasher wires.  I found this link which has pictures which helped out a lot!

http://www.yamahawr250r.com/2013/03/wr250r-running-light-adapters.html

need help wiring DRC front blinkers Right_10

need help wiring DRC front blinkers Left_t10

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring DRC front blinkers   need help wiring DRC front blinkers EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Nothing beats solder and heat shrink...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring DRC front blinkers   need help wiring DRC front blinkers Empty

Back to top Go down

need help wiring DRC front blinkers
Page 1 of 1