Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ANF is officially open

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wilburj

wilburj

ANF is officially open Empty
PostSubject: ANF is officially open   ANF is officially open EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:48 pm

I was up to the Marienville bike trail at the ANF on Friday morning for the opening day. I was the first one through on a motorcycle this season. What a great ride it was. I have had the bike off road a number of times but just on old strip-mines and stuff like that. The bike trail was the first real test of the WR2 for me and-------it passed with flying colors. Now don't get me wrong it is not like my KX250f but it was still very satisfying on the tough trail. If you have ever been there the bike trail is 33 miles of pure rock garden and ruts it could almost be a GNCC event to ride it but not quite and the ATV trail is fairly smooth but has a couple of great downhill with jumps and one gnarly uphill with jumps and the Wr did the big uphill in second with no problems. While the bike was very good I found myself wishing for a bit more muscle off the bottom but over all very good. I have a 47 tooth sprocket on the rear and am considering a 12 on the front in addition, or just put my 50 tooth back on the rear. I have a Cheng-Shin 755 on the front because it is actually a pretty decent tire and a Pirelli Garacross on the rear in a 120 size. a good combo on the dirt but not so much on the road. My real complaint is riding it there is about 40 miles and that is a lot of road miles for me on a dirt bike. I honestly do not know how some here ride it on the road, but to each their own. Although it was cool to ride my dirt bike to the trail and then on the trail. Good bike. wilburj
Back to top Go down

ANF is officially open
Page 1 of 1