Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toast

Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket Empty
PostSubject: Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket   Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:22 am

The concept is great. The fabric feels substantial but once you start moving it feels like you're not wearing a jacket. Zippers and buttons are high quality. I have a Rainier TPG jacket in XL for my cold weather riding and it is fantastic. I got a Large Tall in this jacket.

I'm 6'2", 190 pounds athletic build. According to Firstgear's sizing chart they don't make anything to fit me - a large is 42-44 chest with a 36-38 waist, a medium is 38-40 chest with 32-34 waist. I have a 44 inch chest and a 32 inch waist. That isn't the problem with this jacket. The sleeves, my god the sleeves! I'm not Ahnold sized, but I certainly have arms. There is no adjustment for fit on the elbows or forearm and there is enough material in that area that I can almost put a leg in there. The elbow armor becomes essentially useless since it just hangs off of you. It's like the designer only had Popeye to get his measurements from. It was a great deal from New Enough for only $59 (curiously enough, if you look now they cost $116), but it is going back. Competition Accessories has the old Mesh Tex 3.0 in a large, so I ordered one of them. They have sleeve adjustments around the elbow armor.

I'll update this review when I get the new jacket.
Back to top Go down
toast

Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket   Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 am

Got my Firstgear Mesh Tex 3.0 today. World of improvement. Fits the way a large should fit and the sleeves are great. I actually need to keep the sleeve compression straps in their expanded position so someone at Firstgear does have an idea of how people are shaped, just not the guy making the newer version of this jacket.

And while I was hanging out at the Ducati dealership I tried on a Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 jacket. Another very nice option in mesh.
Back to top Go down

Firstgear Mesh Tex 2010 jacket
Page 1 of 1