Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's Empty
PostSubject: Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's   Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:43 am

Az Tom & i went on a little ride yesterday.. pretty tough.. had lunch at 5pm. More pics & report upcoming.

Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's   Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
andrewlat

PostSubject: Re: Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's   Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:40 pm

I have two cousins that live in Flag. We've been through Sedona a few times while visiting. Nice place. The environment is fairly similar to home (El Paso), but with more veg. I might be doing a long trip to Flag over the fall. Any places around there you'd recommend for short day trips on a bike?
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's   Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am

andrewlat wrote:
I have two cousins that live in Flag. We've been through Sedona a few times while visiting. Nice place. The environment is fairly similar to home (El Paso), but with more veg. I might be doing a long trip to Flag over the fall. Any places around there you'd recommend for short day trips on a bike?

Lots of cool places to ride around here.. might consider sheeps bridge if you're here late in the fall.. some pretty tough singletrack is on the north of the mountains, & some other on wing mtn & by the flag airport. check on advrider & TT for flag riders & rides.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: bodie mine.. part 1   Grueling central Az ride.. 2 wr's EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 am

Mayer, Bodie mine, Crown King. 6/12/10

We met in Mayer on Friday at 8:30. It was freezing! I had on mesh jacket & pants, & my fingers were numb riding through the pines. It did warm up some as the day progressed.

It was easy gravel for the first part.. down Poland road unti it became very rugged.

Here's a short clip on the post Poland road. We criss crossed a creek a few times.. nothing too deep, but the rocks are always slippery & tricky. We were going up & down all day.. some of the hills were pretty steep.. they seemed to get rougher & steeper further into the ride.