Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods

Go down 
+2
georgis4
raven1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
raven1

Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods Empty
PostSubject: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:55 am

Hi all, finally picked up a black 10' model. Will finish running it in shortly and will start mods. Question regarding disconnecting the clutch and side stand switches. Has been suggested to do this mod but have no idea exactly what to do. Can I have some suggestions thanks? cheers. Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods 29721
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:15 am

raven1 wrote:
Has been suggested to do this mod but have no idea exactly what to do.
A *mod* usually is made for some USEFUL result.......
Removing those switches will gain you nothing besides potential problems with the electrics of the bike....in my opinion leave it as it is!
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am

I've had to fix somebody else's safety switch out on the trail before. Of course I've never held up a group while I had to fix mine trailside because I disable them before I have a problem.

Here's me . . . fixing HF's clutch safety switch while the whole group waits . . .

Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods 2q2qo40

The side stand switch on the WRR is a little box down on the side stand itself. Take it off and follow the wires back up to under the seat where you'll find the plug. Unplug it and solder the two wires together. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

I too thought it was a good idea to disconnect that until 2 saturdays ago. I went to the Yamaha/BMW shop to pick up some master links and a few odds and ends.
I leave just before the guy on the BMW behind me does.

I'm looking out my driver's side mirror and I notice that his sidestand is still down.

I motion to him as best I can that his sidestand is down (try doing that in a game of charades)

He evidently doesn't pay any mind to the nutjob wildly motioning out his window. He thinks I'm nuts so he pins it and swerves to go around me, only to have his sidestand dig in and throw his ass across 1.5 lanes of traffic into the curb. Only when he hits the curb does it fold up. I LOL'd (couldn't help it)

I stopped to help him. His bike's broken. His thumb is broken. and I evidently suck at charades...but at least my bike tells me (indirectly) that my sidestand is down. I think I'll leave it intact so it leave me intact and take my chances with it going bad later.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 pm

My friend's luggage strap hung down far enough to get into the kickstand. Bike kept stalling and wouldn't restart. I'm glad we had all day. He fooled with it all day. He wants to keep it stock, because it was made that way for a reason. He is no fun to ride with.

Last edited by Captain Midnight on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:55 pm

One of the first things I did was to remove the kickstand switch. I simply jumped the wires inside the factory plug (bike side), and taped the whole thing up. Works great.

I haven't messed with the clutch switch. I think I'm willing to risk that one for now.

On the last ride I went on, the R1200GS we were with destroyed his kick stand switch on the first rocky downhill. Took us a good 20 minutes to fix it. That could have been 20 minutes of riding. I say get rid of the kick stand switch and pay attention when you ride Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods 61865
Back to top Go down
raven1

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:48 am

Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods 723941 Thanks for your comments. Checked out the side stand switch and will remove that but will leave the clutch switch for now.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 pm

That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods   Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch/Side stand switch disconnection methods
Page 1 of 1