Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR/WRX side stand solution

Go down 
+2
Gany
IAmABug
6 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmABug

WRR/WRX side stand solution Empty
PostSubject: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Here is my solution to the problem of either the kickstand being to long(SMoto) or to short(Dirt)

WRR/WRX side stand solution IMG_0160

WRR/WRX side stand solution IMG_1584

WRR/WRX side stand solution IMG_5702

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 am

I like it. Are you planning on running a bolt all the way through? or is the inner tube threaded?
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:42 am

Nice. I was thinking of a similar design in my head since I am planning to get some wheels this fall or winter.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:32 am

Gany wrote:
I like it. Are you planning on running a bolt all the way through? or is the inner tube threaded?

Cotter pin I'm sure.

Whatever you use make sure it's got smooth edges. If it catches on your pant cuff you may end up taking a dirt nap with a bike on top of you trying to put the stand down.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:08 pm

That's a slick looking mod for the stand. It may catch on with lots of us having 2 sets of wheels. What is the diameter of the inner pipe & where did you get it? Is it stainless?
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 pm

I removed 1.25" from my WRR stand. It is nice that our stand is a tube. I took a piece of heavy wall pipe and machined it to fit the ID of the pipe, which is approx 0.72", with about 0.005" clearance so it can slide easy. I plug welded the peice into the foot which I made so it was a bit of a press fit. I drilled and reamed 2x 0.250" holes and I used a bolt to go through the hole. The piece I removed from the stand is what I used to get the spaceing right between the two holes. This way, the stand is the same length when extended as the original WRR stand.

When the bolt is tightened it squeezes just enough that the two peices seem to have no play at all to eliminate any unwanted vibrations. Now, I may need to rig up a band to hold the stand up when offroading as it is heavier now and I don't want it to bounce around to much.
Back to top Go down
Krispy

Krispy

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm

nice work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR/WRX side stand solution   WRR/WRX side stand solution Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR/WRX side stand solution
Page 1 of 1