Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!

Go down 
+114
migrant
Fuzzy Wrench
OLDOG717
Arkmage
craftycoder
Subaru297
yaw
titanpilot
cyborg
GsVs
mcwbyu82
shep
eakins
mordicai
Huskerwrx
Shoootr
TierHawg
bsheet2
trinc4me
NorgeWR2X
ramz
EnderTheX
Chadx
mrgeoff
MotoMind
toast
ericw
mhm2a
Steez
WRXer
phroenips
Hertz
Muddyrabbit
Graham
fusil
Jäger
mwgak
crash a-ron
Huron52
noch
frankperu
bzshadow
Scharcon
rydnseek
Ushuaia Or Bust
CopaMundial
skidplate
The Breeze
Onetrackmind
spadgitt
47une
Justlookin
skierd
speedfiend
MidContinent Rider
skisauveur
vasculopath
leftystrat62
johnnyadventurepants
Rider_WV
dwsmith
thinair
little squirt
jeickerman
TBird1
Mr Wizard
blaisew
bmacw
David Haynes
dysco
Stormy Weather
trav72
dc4stroke
RimBenty
deerHater
clapped_r6
njbill
malibu_dan
cryptomundo
cuban11182
Hitman
john92
Eurastus
Joe Dirt
BPG
bajaharley
edteamslr
2goose
joenuclear
superbee24
kjharn
cibo
Olmer
Six8
Corkonian
bikepsych
WRRSam
simmons1
HAPPYSILLYFACE
thumpjump
Ryan Nelson
mtntrails
dirtnadvil
R_Lefebvre
MotoDad
Dancamp
Trailmoto
clint
Captain Midnight
wrxdraginpegs
Boondocker
Jersey Devil
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
118 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Scharcon

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:56 pm

I keep on waiting to see an April fools joke here. These divots are absolutly unnessary and totally unproffesional...Unless there are some lawyers involved with the decision making process???

Back to top Go down
skisauveur

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm off the list for this model. Hopefully version 2 will ship later this summer without the divots.
Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:53 pm

awwwww, it's kind of cute. Kinda strange looking, but once again, it's a gastank. Very happy I'm still in for a natural.

Back to top Go down
Huron52

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Actually, I think it doesn't look to bad.... Keep me on the list! Yes and black !
Back to top Go down
RimBenty

RimBenty

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:56 pm

I’m sure the divots are a legal issue. If IMS sold the tank without the divots and someone who had it wrecked they could claim the interference between the tank and turn signals caused the accident.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:58 pm

RimBenty wrote:
I’m sure the divots are a legal issue. If IMS sold the tank without the divots and someone who had it wrecked they could claim the interference between the tank and turn signals caused the accident.

That's what disclaimer's are for.

But whatever, I personally think it looks like sh*t with the divots and I won't be buying it.
Back to top Go down
dysco

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Heck, I need the range. If the tank had pink ballerinas molded into the sides I'd still buy it, I just don't love the divots.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:38 pm

When the look of a motorcycle tank will be important for me, I'll stop riding and limit myself to writing on forums.

Last edited by Dancamp on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Dancamp

Subject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! Today at 7:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the look of a motorcycle tank will be important for me, I'll stop riding and limit myseilf to writing on forums.

wings
Back to top Go down
cibo

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:09 am

i second. thumb
Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:05 am

Well I'm going to miss the pint of gas they lose but I'm sick of topping off my thimble just to take a little ride.
Is this the final solution?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:50 am

Dancamp wrote:
When the look of a motorcycle tank will be important for me, I'll stop riding and limit myseilf to writing on forums.

+3
Back to top Go down
phroenips

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:40 pm

I really don't see what the big deal is, I think it looks fine. More capacity and a lower price than the Safari...sounds good to me!

P.S. The Safari isn't exactly a beauty queen either.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:24 pm

I am sure the signals on our australian bikes and proberly the rest of the world are a lot smaller then in the US and should clear the tank. What was wrong with the relocation method?
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:23 pm

poser2

I'm sorry but I get a kick out of some of these posts...
Back to top Go down
Joe Dirt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:14 am

Dancamp wrote:
When the look of a motorcycle tank will be important for me, I'll stop riding and limit myself to writing on forums.

+4

The places I take my WRR the animals don't care. If I cared my bike wouldn't look like a cobbled together rolling Swish Army knife. My bike passed into Function over Form a long time and this tank is going to be the cherry on top!

I would like to change my color selection from natural to blue though.
Back to top Go down
Steez

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Please put me down for a tank in the Natural color!

Thanks!

(I've been thinking...in regards to the no discount... anyway we can get the shipping halved? Just a thought...It's something at least)
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Yep, form must follow function in this case.
Not a big fan of the divots, but it's not going to stop me from buying it.
Please keep me on the list for one in Black, please.

Thanks,
Scott P.
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

IMS can make the tank both with and without divots. It looks like the w/o divots tank was already complete. I do happen to care what the tank looks like.

I'd rather it didn't look like it was designed with a great big "Oops, look what we forgot!GAHHHH " in it. I can move my turn signals.budah

They should have payed more attention to detail when they designed the tank.deal

If you want to ride around with a tank thats a tribute to lack of attention to detail.... enjoy.

Back to top Go down
speedfiend

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:58 pm

20/20 hindsight. But then they do make am tanks for a living and you'd think... dunno
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:16 am

trav72 wrote:
RimBenty wrote:

That's what disclaimer's are for.

Well, that would make sense in a common sense world, but common sense isn't so common. You guys in the US really need to pass some sort of legal reforms.

I imagine the lawyers didn't even want them relocating the turn signals. If somebody had an accident and claimed that if the turn signals were in their OEM location it wouldn't have happened.

I also think it looks retarded, but what am I going to do?

Ok, so it looks ready to go, when does it ship?
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:24 am

R_Lefebvre wrote:
Well, that would make sense in a common sense world, but common sense isn't so common. You guys in the US really need to pass some sort of legal reforms.

I imagine the lawyers didn't even want them relocating the turn signals. If somebody had an accident and claimed that if the turn signals were in their OEM location it wouldn't have happened.

I also think it looks retarded, but what am I going to do?

Yeah common sense seems to be lacking in a lot of areas these days. Oh well.

So who is going to buy this tank and sell their 3.1 or Safari? wink
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:25 am

They should offer it with and without divots.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 am

Just thinking out loud here......do you guys think this tank will work with the current crop of radiator guards out there? I've got the Flatland Racing guard on my bike now and I am looking at the picture and asking myself if I think it will work.
Of course side impact protection won't be a problem with the tank but what about front impacts from rocks, etc.?
I'm probably just thinking too much about it. scratch
Even if it won't work without modifiying my rad guard, I still want the damn thing.........

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm

spadgitt wrote:
Just thinking out loud here......do you guys think this tank will work with the current crop of radiator guards out there? I've got the Flatland Racing guard on my bike now and I am looking at the picture and asking myself if I think it will work.
Of course side impact protection won't be a problem with the tank but what about front impacts from rocks, etc.?
I'm probably just thinking too much about it. scratch
Even if it won't work without modifiying my rad guard, I still want the damn thing.........

Scott P.

I think it will work even better. I have some trouble screwing the plastic panel to the guard. With the new tank no more panel so nomore problems.

The only problem I foresee is with some electrical wirings. Some people that routed their wires behind the plastic panels will have to reroute them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!   IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally! - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.5 Gallon Tally!
Page 15 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 29  Next