Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Where to order GYTR rack????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Where to order GYTR rack???? Empty
PostSubject: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:02 pm

I've looked all over the place and can't find a good source for the GYTR rack. Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Get it thru your Yamaha dealer. thumb They all can order that puppy. Not sure about aftermarket shops; they might.

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 8:53 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Get it thru your Yamaha dealer. thumb They all can order that puppy. Not sure about aftermarket shops; they might.

I was trying to avoid the dealership. They charge insane prices for shipping. They charge based on the price of the item not the weight! WTF?!?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:10 pm

YIKES!!! They didn't do that with any of the stuff I ordered! They told me that if it was ok to wait for the order until they had a bigger shipment to spare me the freight charge. That really sucks... dddog

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Looks like it's backordered right now.

Yamaha rack
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:50 pm

mwakey wrote:

Yamaha rack

You seem to have an on-line way to check the status of what is back ordered. Would you mind sharing so I can check on my rack? I was told it was back ordered.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Pro Moto Billet has agood rack
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 pm

macfast wrote:
Pro Moto Billet has agood rack

I like the way that rack looks better, I just don't want to drill any holes in my fender. I know that may seem funny, but i'm just not ready to drill on her yet. Dirt and mud are on thing, but I have to draw the line somewhere.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Nice Rumble wrote:
mwakey wrote:

Yamaha rack

You seem to have an on-line way to check the status of what is back ordered. Would you mind sharing so I can check on my rack? I was told it was back ordered.

No secret. Just click on my link and you will notice it says "backordered" right above the shopping cart button.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 am

The GYTR rack you have to drill 2 holes in the fender. the fender is marked on the underside.I have both racks like Pro
Moto best.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:41 am

macfast wrote:
The GYTR rack you have to drill 2 holes in the fender. the fender is marked on the underside.I have both racks like Pro
Moto best.

I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out. From all the pictures I've seen, I just assumed the GYTR rack was attached to the sub frame. I might just go ahead and get the promotto then. What kind of tail bag do you use with yours? I was thinking about the wolfman peak tail bag.
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 am

Just got a call from my parts department and was told Yamaha will be releasing the rack on the 13th of April.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:21 am

Moose rear fender pack for $35 from part unlimited or rocky mountain.I have had the same one for 6 years over 12000 miles on a 2001 wr250f.I broke the fender off 2 times the pack is still good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to order GYTR rack????   Where to order GYTR rack???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to order GYTR rack????
Page 1 of 1