Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars

Go down 
+2
stumo
spadgitt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spadgitt

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Empty
PostSubject: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Heard a lot of great things about the Easton EXP 1 3/8" bars but I didn't really want to have to completely re-mount my Barkbusters so I saw that Easton now makes 1 1/8" bars. That seemed like a good compromise. Picked up a set of CR HI (closest to stock bend) at Cycle Gear Saturday. Was planning on using a set of the GYTR bar clamps for the 1 1/8" bars. Only problem is Yamaha doesn't have any and they don't even know when they will be getting them again Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars 724854 So I start to look for a set of clamps from Easton. Everything I see on their website appears to only be for their 1 3/8" bars. So I shoot them an email asking about a set of clamps for the 1 1/8" bars. The guy emails me back and says to use the STOCK clamps..... Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Icon_scratch That seemed a little odd to me. I responded and asked him if that was correct because the stock bars are 7/8" and it did not seem right to put 1 1/8" bars in them. I have not received a response yet. Anyone else done this? It would seem far too easy to crimp the bars and create a weak spot. The real solution would be to find a set of the GYTR clamps, but that does not seem too likely right now.
Thought I would ask you guys (and gals) and see what you think.

Thanks for the help,
Scott P.
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:38 am

You're right, don't clamp the new bars in the old clamps.

Perhaps the guy thought the stock bars were a different size????
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:48 am

Check out the Zeta top clamp <-- linky
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:03 am

stumo wrote:
You're right, don't clamp the new bars in the old clamps.

Perhaps the guy thought the stock bars were a different size????

That way my first thought. I sent him a reply saying exactly that but have not heard back from him. I'll be interested to hear what he says.

ramz wrote:

Nice Ramz! Not a bad price for that either. That clamp is certainly an option. I'll have to get a different bent bar to allow for the extra 3/4" in height (I'm a short guy..... Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars 93746 ) but I can certainly do that. Thanks.

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Just heard from Easton. They don't have clamps, yet, for their new 1 1/8" bars Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Icon_scratch That little tidbit of information would have been good to know when I was buying the bars..... you live and you learn.......

I'm eyeing those Zeta clamps at Wheeling Supply pretty heavily.

At least now I know what I need to do.

Thanks for the help.
Scott P.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Well, alls well that ends well (or) I need to learn to do my research before shopping...... Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars 93746
I started emailing back and forth with Will at Easton telling him what I was trying to do and why I chose their 1 1/8" bars instead of their 1 3/8" bars (because I thought I would have to go to a triple tree mounted barkbuster set up and I did not want to buy new barkbusters). He sends me back this link.........

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/EASTON-EXP-HANDGUARD-BAR-MOUNT/?catalogId=116776&usersearch=1

Turns out that Easton makes special barkbuster mounts for their 1 3/8" bars Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars 61865 These aren't on the Cycle Gear website so I am glad he let me know. He also told me that if you buy the 1 3/8" bar from Cycle Gear that, as a promotion, the mounts and hardware are FREE! That's almost $60 worth of stuff. So that sealed the deal. I took the 1 1/8" bar back to them today and my Cycle Gear had EVERYTHING in stock (including the barkbuster mounts that they don't have on their website). I thought for sure I would have to order something. Now all I have to is mount everything.

Big props to Easton for their great customer service and to Cycle Gear for actually having stuff in stock! I'm not really used to being able to go to a motorcycle shop and walk out with everything I need.

Thanks for all the help,

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 pm

ramz wrote:
Im planning of getting the zeta bent hand guards with flasher. But i'm confused wether i should get 7/8 or the the 11/8 bar clamp for the easton woods bar. Please advice, thanks.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 am

Easton does not have a 1 1/8" clamp. Just get the 1 3/8" bars and clamps deal from Cycle Gear and get the 1 3/8" Easton handguard mounts. I personally have the 1 3/8" Easton bar and clamps, and I have Acerbis handguards mounted to them. You will not be disappointed in the Easton bars. They are very good quality.

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Wrx_111

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Wrx_210

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Wrx_310
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:50 am

I have the same exact set up as adamoto and very happy. I did some pretty tough trails this past weekend and crashed the crap out of my bike mulitiple times. The bars and bark busters did great thumb

Hard to beat the deal at Cyclegear with the clamps.

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:29 pm

adamoto wrote:
Easton does not have a 1 1/8" clamp. Just get the 1 3/8" bars and clamps deal from Cycle Gear and get the 1 3/8" Easton handguard mounts. I personally have the 1 3/8" Easton bar and clamps, and I have Acerbis handguards mounted to them. You will not be disappointed in the Easton bars. They are very good quality.

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Wrx_310

I can not find the 1 3/8 easton handguard mount. Is the zeta 7/8 or 1 1/8 not applicable for the easton woods bar?
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:38 pm

[quote="adamoto"]Easton does not have a 1 1/8" clamp. Just get the 1 3/8" bars and clamps deal from Cycle Gear and get the 1 3/8" Easton handguard mounts. I personally have the 1 3/8" Easton bar and clamps, and I have Acerbis handguards mounted to them. You will not be disappointed in the Easton bars. They are very good quality.

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Wrx_310[/quote

I'm not sure if easton makes handguard mounts for their 1 3/8 handle bars
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 pm

See the linky in the 6th post (above) by spadgitt.

EASTON-EXP-HANDGUARD-BAR-MOUNT at motosport.com

Last edited by ramz on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Yep, they do. I've got a set on my bike.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/EASTON-EXP-HANDGUARD-BAR-MOUNT/?catalogId=116776

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks ramz.

Beat me to it...........

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 pm

[quote="spadgitt"]Yep, they do. I've got a set on my bike.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/product/EASTON-EXP-HANDGUARD-BAR-MOUNT/?catalogId=116776

Scott P.[/quote

Thanks did not know they have one, its not even on there website. Would you know if they have mounting for a steering damper?
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="spadgitt"]Yep, they do. I've got a set on my bike.

Scott P.[/quote

I'm using the fork air release valve and pulled up the forks, so im left with very little space in between the bars and the forks. Would i still have space for the handguard clamp?
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:28 pm

I do the same. I've got my forks up about 13mm or so in the triple clamps. The Easton handguard mount is close but there is room.
To give you access to the air-bleed screws just loosen the triple clamps and rotate the forks in the clamps so you can get to the screws.
I don't think they offer a steering damper mount. At least not yet.

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Spadgitt is correct. No steering damper mount yet from Easton.
Back to top Go down
chofilena

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:01 am

[quote="spadgitt"]I do the same. I've got my forks up about 13mm or so in the triple clamps. The Easton handguard mount is close but there is room.
To give you access to the air-bleed screws just loosen the triple clamps and rotate the forks in the clamps so you can get to the screws.
I don't think they offer a steering damper mount. At least not yet.

Scott P.[/quote

Thanks for the info. Will try to get the zeta hand guard's first and see what fabrications i can do to make the original mounting fit to my handle bars, If no chance i could make it fit. Then ill buy the easton hand guard. javascript:emoticonp('thumb') but javascript:emoticonp('scratch') more expensesjavascript:emoticonp('baldy').
Back to top Go down
Petter

PostSubject: Old used Bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 am

I think is you replace old bars with new it can also work in better way.But it require more maintenance then old one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars   Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie with a question about Easton 1 1/8" bars
Page 1 of 1