Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tail light options.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wr250xx

Tail light options. Empty
PostSubject: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 pm

I have read her before about some using the R1/R6 tail light with the turn signals built in. I was wondering if it is easy to wire and what other parts I would need to make this work. Also the year of bike the tail light would have to be off. Also some pics of what it looks like after the work is complete would be nice.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:19 pm

well the stock light is the same as the 02/03 R1 taillight,
"Clear Alternatives" makes an integrated taillight / stop / turn signal replacement, which i happened to find on c-list for $30 (new they're over $100?)
i chopped up my stock fender and mounted the CA taillight in it's place:

Tail light options. 865287829_GoTmg-M

it's nice because it's way brighter than the other replacement LED light, the turn signals are very noticable. plus, they don't break off!

it took some massaging and fabricating a little license plate holder.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:50 pm

Clapped_r6 Boy you sure have that little r2 loaded down, must have the preload cranked in!! Is there a kitchen sink in there somewhere? Berwyn amazon
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:07 pm

yeah, from an 1800 mile 5 day all asphalt trip from washington to northern cali.
and think, that's really pared down to the bare essentials! (no motels, dontcha know!)

Tail light options. 865287386_v8AHE-M
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: tires   Tail light options. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey ...

What tires are those ??? How did they work for you ??

Thanks ...
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 pm

pirelli mt90-at's

work great on the road
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:14 am

Sure Like that gaint loop it really keeps the weight down low, I want one!! Berwyn
Back to top Go down
wr250xx

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:14 pm

is that the stock tail light for a R6/R1. Was it hard to wire up.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:48 pm

the STOCK WR250R taillight is the EXACT SAME as the 02/03 R1 taillight.

the aftermarket unit i got is from "Clear Alternatives". they are a company that builds, you guessed it, clear taillights (some with integrated turn signals)

http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CA&Product_Code=CTL-0056-IT&Category_Code=R1

(when searching for a link, i noticed their prices have come down quite a bit! they used to be around $120?)

no R6 ever had this taillight. at least not stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail light options.   Tail light options. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tail light options.
Page 1 of 1