Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Advice on bike with high miles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michael21

Advice on bike with high miles Empty
PostSubject: Advice on bike with high miles   Advice on bike with high miles EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:41 pm

I am thinking about buying a Suzuki DL 1000 Vstrom and was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys. The guy only wants 1800 for it and its an 04 but the problem is that is has 50000 miles on it. Should I be worried about that. Its a great price on the bike and it has 3 piece Givi luggage with it. I am just concerned about the hihg milage. He is the original owner of the bike and said he had the valves checked last fall and new chain and sprockets this spring. Any advice you guys could give me would be great.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Advice on bike with high miles   Advice on bike with high miles EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Take a compression test on it and see how it is. Some bikes are fine with high mileage, it all depends on how the owner looked after it. Being he's the only owner, see if he has all the bills so you can see what's all been done to it. It's not a bad price, even for a hi miler.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Advice on bike with high miles   Advice on bike with high miles EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:00 am

Isn't the Vstrom technically a touring bike? A sport touring bike to be specific?

If so - 50,000 is just broken in for a touring machine.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Advice on bike with high miles   Advice on bike with high miles EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:27 am

my 'o5 GSXR 1ooo has over 50K on the clock and still running as good as it did when i first got it.

bikes can last.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on bike with high miles   Advice on bike with high miles Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on bike with high miles
Page 1 of 1