Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rusty Spark plug

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

Rusty Spark plug Empty
PostSubject: Rusty Spark plug   Rusty Spark plug EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 am

I recently changed my spark plug and found the old one to be all rusty around the metal casing. I think the water is getting in through the small hole on the right side of the case.
Has anyone else see this? scratch
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Rusty Spark plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusty Spark plug   Rusty Spark plug EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:09 pm

On every bike I ever owned that had ever been wet. There is alot of heat there and if it has any type of ferous metal. You will get rust.
Back to top Go down
skierd

Rusty Spark plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusty Spark plug   Rusty Spark plug EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Hell most cars I've owned will have rusty spark plugs after a couple thousand miles. For the new plug, I just slathered the porcelain in dielectric grease (along with the boot) and the threads with anti seize. I put in an Iridium plug though, so hopefully unless I go swimming with the bike again I'll never have to look at it.
Back to top Go down
jonny-NITRO

jonny-NITRO

Rusty Spark plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusty Spark plug   Rusty Spark plug EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:48 pm

So you don't think it's gonna be a problem? It won't affect the grounding of the plug?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

Rusty Spark plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusty Spark plug   Rusty Spark plug EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 10:44 pm

No not really. The groung side of the circuit will be fine. A little antisieze on the theads will take care of it. But I've never had any real problem that I could attach to this area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rusty Spark plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusty Spark plug   Rusty Spark plug Empty

Back to top Go down

Rusty Spark plug
Page 1 of 1