Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First GoPro test vid

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

First GoPro test vid - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:09 am

Friday night, I was all excited about going to the track on Saturday...

I charged 4 AAA batteries and prepared 2 SD cards, ready to record some actions

but.....

First GoPro test vid - Page 3 Photo0314

WTF... the Quick-Release Buckle SNAPPED baldy

and now I guess I will need to buy the whole housing? dunno
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:13 am

Try getting a hold of Go Pro...they might send you a new clip. They seem to back the product and have sent out replacement mounts when they've broken. Wouldn't hurt to try, worst they can tell you is no. dunno

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:30 pm

Man, that sucks. Maybe they will send you a new one since it's still fairly new. Do you think your safety lanyard was binding up the rear door and that put extra pressure on the latch? I hate cheap platic stuff, but that seems to be all you get these days. It's a shame nobody makes anything that lasts long anymore. Let us know if they send you one for free.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Ya I just emailed them...

Mark, I took off my lanyard because I thought it was quite secure on the helmet...

The only 2 reasons that I can think of are:

1. it never went under water
2. it was not used/touched for the past few weeks

Anyway, let's see how they respond
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:55 pm

Not going underwater shouldn't have anything to do with it. And sitting unused for two weeks shouldn't either. Maybe the seal around the door swelled up or dried out and made it bind when you latched it down? Hard to say. I know it is sometimes a hard fit to get it to snap shut on mine. I am real careful when I close the door to make sure the seal is in the right place and put even pressure on the door as I latch it up. You just got to baby plastic stuff if you want it to last. They don't design things worth a crap these days. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 5:50 am

I guess this is a piece of good news, esp for you guys in the States... I did reply them with my mailing address and see if they will actually mail the things to me... fingers crossed

Quote :
Hi Gary,

We're sorry to hear one of your HERO parts has failed.

Unfortunately it sounds like your kit may have been affected by a poor plastic resin mixture from a recent production run causing the brittle parts. We've recently become aware of this problem and have already rectified this for units still in production.

Simply reply with your mailing address and we'll get some replacements right out in the mail to you. Please be sure to toss out all of your old parts that you receive replacements for. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,

GoPro Support
http://www.goprocamera.com

If they do, that's SUPERB customer service there thumb thumb thumb
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:56 am

Cool! thumb

Thanks for the info Gary bow
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:15 am

mwakey wrote:
Cool! thumb

Thanks for the info Gary bow

Oh come on Mark... Hope this cheers you up a little wink

at least the CS is better here poser2
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Cheers freaky
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyMon May 18, 2009 10:58 pm

I would like to announce... that... GOPRO has got the WORLD-CLASS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb X ∞

First GoPro test vid - Page 3 Photo03472

The wait was WORTH IT!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:13 am

Wicked deal Gary!! thumb They gave you all of that for the broken clip?

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 1:33 am

Yar! I mentioned that some of the mounts and extensions broke too... but I never expected them to send me the whole lot thumb

Awesome customer service indeed bow
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:24 am

SWEET! That's good to know. Maybe FMF should take some pointers from GoPro!

Finally got my packing today, so it won't be long until I'm on the road again. Of course the rainy season has just started so that just figures!
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:56 am

Well... a better vid of my thigh-cramping track day

Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2009 6:14 pm

Well, I am not going to claim to be any kind of road racer Gary, but it seems your shift points are way off and your choice of gear for some of those corners is not right. Hard to say watching a video what the track is really like but it seems like you downshifted too early into some of the corners. Towards the end I could tell you were getting the hang of it better. Your last lap was the best. Keep practicing. Looks like fun. I wish there was a track around here to do that.

Where was your cam mounted? On the bars?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Ya I know... I was trying to be safe than sorry....

the track is small, and there isn't much of "safety buffer/run-off" if you overshoot the corners, so I am trying to keep within my own limit Shog

Yap it was mounted on the bar with the handle bar mount kit....
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Have any of your new mounts broke yet? Just curious if they were feeding you a line of bull about the bad batch of plastic from the first bunch.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:42 am

mwakey wrote:
Have any of your new mounts broke yet? Just curious if they were feeding you a line of bull about the bad batch of plastic from the first bunch.

Nope...

Somehow the new mounts just feel more flexible scratch
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:46 am

thumb
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:44 am

The saga continues GAHHHH

Today... again I prepared the batteries and memory cards and was ready to go for my track session...

I put in the batteries and card, and put the camera into the casing...

While gradually applying force on the tab with the arrow to lock the casing, I heard a "click" sound, which was just slightly louder than normal... Nothing fell apart, so I thought I was just paranoid...

Upon closer inspection, I saw this

First GoPro test vid - Page 3 Photo0396p

Ok... so basically I am just the unlucky one I guess..... The 2 clips broke along the same line, it's just that this time it did not break off completely Rolling Eyes

I was using it almost everyday for the past few weeks, and it just gave up on me suddenly dunno
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:45 am

Oh shiiiiiit....did you send them the first broken one, or did you just tell them it broke and they sent you all the others?

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 am

SheWolf wrote:
Oh shiiiiiit....did you send them the first broken one, or did you just tell them it broke and they sent you all the others?

I just emailed them with a photo and they just sent me the replacements...
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 11:22 pm

A little update:

I emailed them, again, with the new photo

They were like: SH!T! It can't be! Maybe something got mixed up again... so we will send you 2 new clips now!

Fingers crossed again freaky
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:58 pm

They deliver what they promised thumb

First GoPro test vid - Page 3 Photo0414

Now I just hope these won't break again freaky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First GoPro test vid   First GoPro test vid - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

First GoPro test vid
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3