Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Homemade mirrors

Go down 
+3
john92
Matty
adamoto
7 posters
AuthorMessage
adamoto

adamoto

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:54 pm

I saw a few people talking about aftermarket mirrors, so I thought I'd show you all what I did. I really liked the sturdiness of the stock mirrors, but like others have said, I didn't like the "Mickey Mouse" appearance they gave the bike, and also didn't like the stock position. It seemed like no matter how I adjusted them I just couldn't get them right. Sooooooo, I used a hacksaw, belt sander, and some brackets from work that we have hundreds of and......

Homemade mirrors 00310

Homemade mirrors 00510

Homemade mirrors 00410

Homemade mirrors Sam_0110

P.S. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics Shog
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:03 pm

not bad.....
Back to top Go down
john92

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:00 am

That looks good as long as you're not hitting up any tight trails.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:15 am

john92 wrote:
That looks good as long as you're not hitting up any tight trails.

I can fold them in for trails Very happy
Back to top Go down
john92

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:13 pm

adamoto wrote:
I can fold them in for trails Very happy

Oh OK. You didn't mention that. Good deal. thumb
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:02 am

Very nice...... I have been looking around at after market mirrors but I really like the way you have yours setup. Very happy
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 pm

SoupSandwich wrote:
Very nice...... I have been looking around at after market mirrors but I really like the way you have yours setup. Very happy

Thanks. I couldn't see spending a lot of money on mirrors, when the stock ones had some potential to look good and be very functional.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:52 am

Given they can fold in, who spends any time looking in RVMs in tight trails ? (Please raise your hands please so we know not to follow you).
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:06 am

poser2
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:14 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Given they can fold in, who spends any time looking in RVMs in tight trails ? (Please raise your hands please so we know not to follow you).

It's not a bad idea to periodically check if your buddy is still behind you.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Adamoto: I mean to also comment. Let's get that eight year old off the training wheels okay ? :)
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:07 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Adamoto: I mean to also comment. Let's get that eight year old off the training wheels okay ? :)

Actually, that's me on the bicycle poser2 Just kidding, that's my 4 year old son and that pic is from April of this year. Those training wheels are now off that bike Very happy
Back to top Go down
SteveO

SteveO

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks for the inspiration. I know what I'll be doing with my mirrors.

So how do you keep the mirrors from turning in due to wind resistance, such as on the highway?
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:53 pm

SteveO wrote:

So how do you keep the mirrors from turning in due to wind resistance, such as on the highway?

I cut some strips of thin black rubber and wrapped it around the mirror post and then clamped it down. I rode it to work everyday last week and I haven't adjusted the mirrors since before that and they haven't budged. Also I hit 95 mph(indicated, stock gearing) once and they didn't move then, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

Also, I can get these brackets for free, and I will send them to whoever wants some so long as they pay postage. They are grade 304-2B stainless. My company builds stainless steel laboratory equipment for medical research and we use these to mount water lines in customer facilities. These clamps have to meet specs for the fed. govt., universities, pharmaceutical companies, etc. so they are very strong and will not rust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homemade mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homemade mirrors   Homemade mirrors Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade mirrors
Page 1 of 1