Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse? Empty
PostSubject: What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse?   What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse? EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:13 pm

You know, the foam donut from Michelin you can put inside your tire instead of a tube and never get a flat?

Anyone tried it?

In the catalog it states "not for street use above 80mph" but I never go near that fast. They're not cheap, $115 each, but I'm wondering what I'd pay never to have to worry about flats again?

Back to top Go down
hamish54

What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse?   What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:50 am

Gus,

Off road racers ie Baja often use Mousses in their wheels/tires. Their speeds exceed 80 mph. The downside to the Mousses, if you destroy a tire, they're a bear to remove and remount. I'm using the Tubliss system. Easy to remove and mount tires. Using a tire plug you can repair a puncture without removing the wheel from the bike. I've run pressures down to 8 psi for incresed traction with no pinch flats. Tubliss systems costs about the same as the Mousses...
Back to top Go down

What's the Verdict on Bib Mousse?
Page 1 of 1